Top 5 Mostly-False Slickdeals Myths
5. The Best Deals are all on the front page. One of the things that makes Slickdeals unique is that front page deals are carefully selected by our vibrant deal editors as opposed to lifeless bots who use an algorithm to tell you what you need. That means that we highlight the best deals relative to our users and to all the other deals that have been posted. It also means that if you’re looking for great deals on silk plants, they’re more than likely to be on our Popular Deals or Hot Deals, and not the Front Page. For the best deal for specific items, be sure to use the search function if you don’t find them on the Front Page.
4. The Best Deals are all posted after holidays. For event-specific items such as NFL apparel after Super Bowl or Christmas decorations, we do agree that those purchases are best made after a holiday. For all other consumer items however, no holiday can beat thorough research and stacked discounts. Price mistakes don’t happen on Black Friday and in fact, we’ve seen a number of Black Friday ‘deals’ that were actually more expensive than previous sale prices!
3. The Best Deals have already been posted...so I shouldn’t bother posting this deal that I found. It makes sense that items from daily deals sites are posted at midnight, but everything else is fair game. Online stores change inventory prices several times a day and our community still needs your of eyes and ears at all times of day to find the best deals. Plus, if you do feel really strongly about a deal that’s already posted, leave a comment or give it a thumbs up to share the good word.
2. Giveaways are not free. Seriously, how are they giveaways if they’re not free? They’re free! They don’t require purchases, rebates or any moral compromises. We do need you to sign up so that in addition to joining as many Giveaways you can click through, you can also personalize your Slickdeals Front Page and contribute your deal knowledge to our community. Additionally, keep on reading to see why you should register and join Giveaways...for FREE!
1. Only new users win Giveaways . If you haven’t registered, this myth is true so go register and join the giveaway! If you’ve been with us for a while, there’s an actual list of winners if you’d like to verify that there are winners to start with. We’ve created an infographic to be even more transparent about this, but essentially, in 2011, 75% of our winners had an account that was over one year old!
If your Slickdeals habits have fallen victim to any of these myths in the past, you are not alone! We’re glad that you’re part of our community and we’re more than happy to dispel these myths for you. So go forth and enjoy the rest of Slickdeals armed with this additional information!