Top 5 Slickest Deals of All Time
5. On March 20, 2012, the $10 Amazon Gift Card For $5 broke into our Top 5 Slickdest deals of all time with 2,356 votes and 3,405 comments! The deal was from AmazonLocal, but the $10 gift card was redeemable for the main Amazon site as well. Unfortunately, the deal was so popular that all the gift cards were sold out even before the end of the workday.
4. On December 29, 2009, the Free 3-month Trial of Amazon Prime was the Slickest deal of all time. Amazon membership usually costs $79 for an entire year, and at that time only included the free 2-day shipping. It has since evolved to include unlimited instant streaming of movies and TV shows and instant access to Kindle books. The Free 3-month trial took six specific stealthy steps to claim, but 3,246 users thought it deserved a thumbs up.
3. August 19, 2011 was the equivalent of an iPad launch day with a twist for the HP TouchPad which sold for $100 - almost a third of its retail value. Ironically, it was not a launch of the product, but instead the day that the product was announced to be discontinued. Sure can’t beat a $100 tablet though, according to the 3,543 votes that the deal received.
2. Days after Amazon invested in emerging deal site LivingSocial, Amazon invested a good $175 million to get users to sign up for the Groupon competitor. On January 18, 2011, LivingSocial offered $20 Amazon.com Gift Card for $10 which caught the eye of 3,782 of our users.
1. And the Slickdest deal of all time comes from *drum roll* Amazon.com...again. For free Amazon Prime Membership...again. What can we say? The words “free” and “Amazon” resonate so well with our users that 3,969 of you guys voted for the deal. One year Free Amazon Prime Membership for College Students hit our Front Page on July 12, 2010 and has been the Slickest deal of all time for almost two years now!