Why work when you can play?
Can you tell people the difference between PHP 5.1 and 5.3? Do you laugh when people say “That website is so web 2.0?” Do you look at code and say, “I could do better!”
If you answered yes to these questions, we may have a place for you at Slickdeals.net as a Web Developer.
We’re looking for creative, motivated web developers who also have a passion for finding deals and saving money! Successful candidates are individuals who are strong with php and mysql and know how to use them together effectively and efficiently. The ideal candidate is up to date on the latest web tech and trends and are always trying new things out. They hear the phrase “AJAX” and point out that its nothing new. They know a thing or two about scalability and how to make each line of code worth the bytes they take up. They desire to work for a small company where they know they don’t have to cut through a lot of red tape to get things done.
- Designing, developing, testing, and debugging web applications for the Slickdeals website.
- Integrating new solutions into our existing platforms using either custom code or APIs.
- Optimizing and maintaining existing code/applications.
- Maintaining thorough documentation of all programs and procedures.
- Participating in code review and design.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter who works well independently as well in a team environment.
- Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to understand code written by others.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Additional desired experience
- Experience with CSS, Jquery, and vBulletin.
- Experience with caching technologies, code optimization, high traffic and high scalability websites.
- Experience with Curl, Regex, Sphinx, and Nosql.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with load balanced architectures.
This position is available for full-time employment, but we are also considering internship opportunities. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and will be expected to relocate to the Las Vegas, NV area.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Web Developer”:
- Your Resume (Word, PDF, HTML Only)
- A Cover Letter with: Salary Requirements/History, Date of Availability and Slickdeals username (if available)
- A brief paragraph that highlights why we should hire you