[OT] Halo 4 (X360) - OUT NOW
Over 4.5 years in cryo-sleep, the Master Chief [the player] and a damaged AI (Cortana) face an ancient evil that threatens the universe after landing on a Dyson sphere planet, created by the Forerunners, called Requiem; kick-starting the "Reclaimer Trilogy".
● Developer: 343 Industries | Publisher: Microsoft Studios
● Platform: Xbox 360
● Release Date: 11/6/2012
● Genre: First-Person Shooter
● Official Website | Metacritic = ?
● 3D Support: ?
Deals/Editions/Pre-Order Swag - (^) Updated:
Standard Edition (MSRP = $60)
Amazon.com | BestBuy.com | eBay.com | GameStop.com | Newegg.com | Walmart.com
News - (^) Updated: 5/17/2012
(^) ● 5/17/2012 - Game Center Interview With New MP Clips
● 4/30/2012 - "Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn" Live-Action Series Details and Teaser Image
● 4/20/2012 - New Screens & Models
● 4/17/2012 - Release Date and 'Conan' Show Appearance Tonight | Conan Voice Over Segment
● 4/17/2012 - RvB: Save the Date | RvB: Remember to Not Forget
● 4/11/2012 - Game Informer Coverage Trailer | Game Informer Coverage
● 4/11/2012 - Behind the Scenes: Composing Worlds
● 4/11/2012 - Soundtrack Samples
● 3/21/2012 - Behind the Scenes: Working at 343 Industries
● 3/5/2012 - Behind the Scenes: First Look with Gameplay
● 6/4/2011 - E3 2011: Announcement CG Trailer
Modes/DLC/Highlights - (^) Updated: 4/16/2012
Mode: Campaign - 1 Player
● (?) Levels (est: ? hours):
● Covenant and Forerunner enemies.
Mode: Spartan Ops (Cooperative) - 1 to 4 Players
● (?) Levels (est: ? hours)
(^) ● A weekly narrative, after the game launches.
Mode: Multiplayer - 1 to 16 Players
● (?) Maps: Wraparound, Warhouse
● (?) Gametypes: CTF, Regicide (kill leader has a bounty)
● Will feature a narrative where Spartan IVs train in a "holodeck" on the UNSC Infinity.
● No recycled geometry from the campaign.
● Flourish assassinations will return.
● Armor abilities from Halo: Reach will return: Jetpack, Camo, Hologram, and Forerunner Vision (x-ray vision).
● "Spartan Points" will unlock new items, weapons, and abilities.
● "Press X to Respawn" without waiting.
● Weapons and drop pods will land on the map randomly.
● Players can join matches in-progress.
Mode: Forge (Multiplayer Map Editor)
● Sprint button.
● No public beta.
● No "Firefight" mode.
(^) ● Uses an updated Halo: Reach engine.
● No dual-wielding.
● HUD looks a bit more like a helmet.
(^) ● Human: Warthog
● Human: Assault Rifle, Assault Carbine, Battle Rifle, DMR, Magnum (variation unknown), Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle
● Covenant: Covenant Carbine, Energy Sword, Plasma Pistol
Hints/Tips - (^) Updated:
FAQ - (^) Updated:
Community - (^) Updated:
● SD Username / Gamertag
● SD Username / Gamertag
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.