SOLVED - uTorrent making internet stop working
This was the thread I've made about it before. I kind of gave up on it then, and I figure now that I'm determined to fix it, a new more organized thread would be helpful.
Here's what I'm using.
- Vista Ultimate
- uTorrent (the newest version)
- Linksys WRT45G Router (UPnP enabled)
- Cable Internet
A list of what I've already tried.
- Capping speed (upload and download) to about 1/10 of my connection
- Forwarding Ports (UPnP takes care of that, and I'm sure of it because the sites I'm on let me know when I'm connectable [ports forwarded properly] or not.)
- I also tried this which has to do with TCP connections. (Around that time my computer very messed up and it was a HUGE headache to fix it, I would rather not mess with the registry again, but I will if that's the only way.)
The problem. Whenever I open uTorrent (I have about 20 torrents open at a time), my internet stops working for anything other then uTorrent. uTorrent continues to function completely normal. About 10 minutes after I completely close uTorrent (just stopping all the torrents does NOT work), the internet comes back to normal.
I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing seems to work. To follow up a few of the questions posed in my previous thread:
- This router worked PERFECTLY before when I had an older computer and XP. I have changed nothing. I know there are known problems with this kind of router, but since it worked perfectly before I see no reason for it to change when I change my OS.
- I probably had over 100 torrents open at the same time when it was working well with XP. I don't think having too many torrents open is the problem (and if it is, I need to find a way to fix it.)
- This is, from what I can tell, NOT ISP throttling. First, I've never heard of anyone getting throttled using roadrunner. Secondly, it stops the rest of my internet, but uTorrent still functions at 100% of my connection speed. Throttling like that would make no sense at all.
Is there anything I can besides trying that max TCP connections tutorial again?
In my last thread, someone was adamantly trying to say I wasn't capping the speed at about 1/10th my connection. Here's the speed graphs built into uTorrent showing them that I am in fact capping it correctly.
Thanks so much for the help everyone, I tried to make it as easy as possible to understand