Deal DetailsLast Edited by MyNameSux March 19, 2009 at 07:59 AM
This new display is getting rave reviews on HardForum.com (Link Here to 25 page+ thread on it! ). It came out in January 2009 and is significantly better than TN type monitors (which is the vast majority of 22" screens at the moment).
1. Enter Dell Live Chat
2. Say you are interested in The UltraSharp 2209WA Display (Dell Part Number 320-7825).
3. Say you were previously offered the same monitor for $200 but couldn't purchase it right then and there. You should get an offer of around $210 or $215. (Thx SniperSheep and Brodyhill!)
4. If the site is getting hammered, don't be afraid of the error message. Just keep trying, you'll get in eventually (thx SniperSheep!)
5. If one sales rep doesn't give you the deal, KEEP TRYING. Different sales reps will give you different prices. Read the latest comments to see which reps are giving good prices.
NOTE - i'm not sure but it may help to mention that it is for your small business.
Method 2 - NEW as of Feb 12, 2009
Magicchef reports that sales rep Keith Wenzel @1-800-901-3355 ext 94-60854 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) is honoring a price of $212 + tax + free shipping. Thanks Magicchef!
Zhengtli reports that sales rep Destinee Allen @ 512-946-0559 or Destinee_Allen@dell.com is offering $212 + tax + free shipping. Thanks Zhengtli!
Mason4300 reports that sales rep Angels Smith is offering $212 + tax + free shipping. Angela_Smith@Dell.com or 512-946-0376 or toll free 800-901-3355 ext 946-0376. Thanks Mason4300!
ShortMilo reports that Sundi Sylvester is offering $212 + tax + free shipping. call Sundi @ (800) 571-3355x 9460852 or e-mail at Sundi_Sylvester@Dell.com. Thanks ShortMilo!
Method 3 - updated to use "FOR BUSINESS" as reason for purchase
1. Call Dell Small Business @ 1-877-279-7897
2. Get on the phone with a customer rep and say you're interested in UltraSharp 2209WA (Dell Part Number 320-7825)
3. Say it is for your small business (NOT PERSONAL USE) and your friend purchased the display for $200.
3. Be prepared with your business name and what industry your business is in (I highly doubt that they will double check this...). Some people confirmed a price of roughly $215 while others are getting quoted at $250~260.
Method 4 - NEW as of March 13, 2009 - $223 + Free Shipping + Tax (Thanks to Ron21 for mentioning this deal!)
Add 2209WA 22" LCD Monitor into Dell Small Business Shopping Cart - http://accessories.us.
ENTER COUPON CODE - LP$6290H2MKBDF
Price is $223 + Free Shipping + Tax
My display shipped ON THE DAY of my order. Most have had it shipped within 24hrs of their order.
More info on display
- THIS IS NOT A TN Display. It is an e-IPS display, which has higher quality for colors and viewing angles. You can find lower priced TN displays but this eIPS monitor is visibly better to the typical user.
- This is a 16x10 screen, NOT a 16x9.
- The stand is a highly versatile stand. 2209WA Stand Demonstration Video on YouTube
- There are 2 USB slots on the bottom left side of the display and an additional 2 underneath.
- THIS IS NOT to be confused with the S2209W, which has been around for some time and is a lower quality TN model.
- THIS MONITOR DOES NOT HAVE 1:1 SCALING. 1:1 scaling is for people who want to play old games, but i'm not sure HOW old. All games I play are from the last few years and have no problems. Its also apparently for people who want to play old console systems on their displays. I am playing TF2 and there is no problem with scaling. I don't understand this completely so plz google for more info.
- With my order I received "3YR Limited Warranty Monitor, Advanced Exchange". Someone on HardForum stated that they got a monitor that was damaged and Dell sent them a replacement for free. All he had to do was put the damaged monitor in the received replacement box and send it back (with free prepack shipping label). So no costs for returns.
Dell Product Description
Panel Size: 22"
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Panel Type: IPS - In Panel Switching
Optimal Resolution: 1680 X 1050 at 60 Hz
Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (typical)
Dynamic Contrast Ratio 3000:1 (typical)
Brightness: 300 cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time: 6 ms (typical)
Viewing Angle: 178
Contact: William at Dell
Direct line: 512 946 0563
See post 1232
it's just $219 without all the trouble straight from dell +tax+shipping, as of 5/1/09.
Some real pics for those who want to see. (AxlxA)
Box top layer off
The back - 2209WAf
In Portrait mode
From my right
From my left
From the top
Backlight in the dark =)
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.