Users like you have given feedback on this thread: To give your opinion, vote using the thumbs above.
Stockpile stuff you wouldn't mind donating or trading to another SDer
I was wondering if anyone had ever considered starting up a thread for donating stuff that you got free or cheap to another SDer?
I remember reading recently, but can't remember where, of someone who was looking for the soyjoy bars for a cancer patient. I, for one, have several boxes that I won't eat, and wouldn't mind donating to someone who could use it on here. Also, back when WAGS had their brand of claritin on special, I recall someone looking for extra boxes, which I might have as well.
I thought maybe folks would be willing to donate to another SD person if they needed a product. Kinda like the RAOK coupon thread, but with actual items. Of course, it would be up to you if you wanted to ship for free, .
Last edited by serra; 09-24-2012 at 10:44 PM..
Reason: removed part asking for people to cover shipping expenses
And I love to party
Houseparties to date:
Fisher Price Party
Velveeta Game Day Party
South Beach Living Party
Oscar Mayer Party
Clorox Greenworks Clothing Swap Party
Windows 7 Launch Party
Nabisco 100 Cal Snack Party
Beyblade Let It Rip Party
Due to trying to keep this thread consistent with the "official trading thread" up in Freebies -- the following rules have been imposed for now:
Temporary rules for now (until we can get more permanent ones in place):
Please note these rules are from the Official Treading Thread up in Freebies. Credit goes to kel_be for these rules. Also see Rule #16
These rules were put into effect so that there is consistency (for at least the time being) between this thread and the Official Trading Thread up in the Freebies area.
You are welcome to trade anything you please, as long as it is $5 or under (retail value, not perceived value) excluding coupons. Please be aware that you are trading at your own risk! If something happens, the Moderators will not get involved. You need to work out the problems/issues with the other party on your own. You cannot negatively bash a “bad trader” in your signature, or anywhere else on Slickdeals.net It is a Personal Attack, and is not allowed here.
You may contact a moderator after you have made every effort possible to resolve the issue(s).
Remember, you are trading at your own risk! We are unable to enforce any sanctions or force a user to act since we do not monitor nor endorse this activity. Further, we cannot guarantee that administrative sanctions will occur as a result of abuse without positive proof.
Do NOT offer money of any kind! It's a self promotion for personal gain (monetary gain), and it's not allowed! Money cannot exchange hands between SD member. This is includes PMs, posts, or any other forms of communication on SD! You cannot ask for money/Pay Pal in "exchange". That is selling, and is not allowed here. Same for referrals! You cannot have people take part in referrals as part of your “trade”.
1. Must be $5 or under (retail value, perceived value). Anything more will be removed (moderators reserve the right to remove your entire post if necessary). Repeat offenders will be warned.
2. Don't like the $5 rule? Don't participate here
3. You may only trade for something for $5 and under and only offer something $5 and under.
4. If there is a problem with your trade, or the person you are trading with you need to work it out on your own and in PRIVATE. Moderators will no longer be getting involved in disputes. Alert the Moderators of any dishonest or bad traders after resolution attempts have been made.
5. What number rule is this? That's the MAXIMUM retail value your trade must be.
6. Have fun, be fair and honest.
7. $5 or under ONLY.
8. Post only what you would like and what you have. All replies and dealing should be done via PM.
9. F�nf, cinq, cinco, пять, cinque, vijf, fem, five. Got it? Good! 10. You must list he amounts of the items you are trading. Don't say “GC”, say “$3 GC”. Be honest & specific.
11. Coupons carry a value of only 1/20 of 1 cent. Therefore, they are OK if the OFF amount exceeds $5.
12. Gift Cards exchanges may not exceed the amount of $5. This applies to both sides of the deal. If you're generous enough to offer a gift card over $5 in exchange for a gift card $5 and under, you are still breaking the rules, no matter how nice it may seem.
13. Keep the chit chat to a very low minimum, so it does not clutter the board!
14. PLEASE edit your original post when what you were offering for trade is gone (just GONE is fine!) 15. You can only “bump” your trade list once in a 24hr period. 16. NO asking for shipping or postage at all (unless you send a SASE, IF your item is small enough) -- this is because shipping and/or postage would require the exchange of $$$ or a paypal transaction, which is not allowed.
If you do not follow these rules, this thread will be closed by a mod and ruin it for all the Slick Dealers who enjoy it. YOU WILL FOREVER BE IN THE SLICK DEALS DOG POUND IF YOU IGNORE RULES! Please, do not ruin it for those who love this thread!
Thank you javaFlower for rules #8 & #14. Thank you javaFlower & DawnMarie for rule #10 and thank you mamajayjay for rules #11 & #12.
Although there haven't been any problems in this thread -- the trading of items greater than $5 in value is a concern.
The rules will be modified in the near future as to how things will be handled here.
Last edited by nuffsaid; 12-26-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Just a thought here. Instead of listing in the wiki, maybe this could work like the raok/trading thread??
If people would like to donate then they could mention their region (City, State) first, then say FREE, then mention whether they want S&H and list what they have to offer. When someone PM's them they can work out the details.
If they want to trade, this could work just like trading thread, but again list region (City, State) first, then the OFFER and WANTED
If they just want something, the could again list region, then say IN SEARCH OF..
Fairfax, VA(pickup, or paid S&H - PM for details) FREE
Glade Plugins - 12
Crest toothpaste 4 oz - 10
Fairfax, VA (Pickup only) OFFER
Glade Plugins - 12
Crest toothpaste 4 oz - 10
Cheerios cereal - 5
Fairfax, VA(will pay S&H or pick up): IN SEARCH OF
ISO $3 Huggies IPQ, Odwalla juice q's with long expiry date, Kelloggs cornflakes/raisin bran IPQ
Thanks to damnyou for getting me over 6000, Jengo for 5000, TangoUno for 3000 and 4000
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.