So please, no discussions on pricing and availability etc.
Gateway NV5927U official site:
For clean install of retail copy of Win7 HP. Here's a list of drivers that you should get:
To activate a retail copy with the OEM key, you have to follow directions for a phone activation
1. Latest Intel Graphics drivers from "Intel Driver Update Utility"
2. Broadcom Gigabit ethernet drivers from Gateway support
3. Intel iAMT driver from gateway support
4. Gateway Launch Manager (for the touch sensitive keys and onscreen display) from gateway support
5. PowerDVD8 from the recovery apps disc (for Blu-ray playback required)
1. ALPs trackpad driver from gateway support
2. Intel Chipset driver from Gateway support
1. Install the Realtek HD Audio driver. (Will enable the AC adapter beep) *FIXED WITH NEWEST DRIVER
here are the official geeksquad backups:
official geeksquad backups (torrent downloads, please help seed!)
For those who have Sony HDTV, either LCD or LED... follow this step to make sure your laptop display the correct resolution. I found this out by paying d@mn gateway Answers $60 but I had to semi help the guy as well!!!!
1. Have the HDMI cable plug into the laptop.
2. You will hear the noise of like when you plug in the usb flash drive if this is your first time connecting. If second time you will not hear anything. If everything goes well you will get a display on your tv as well as the laptop! If not the TV will say unsupported signal while the laptop screen still shows pictures. To fix that follow to step 3 below.
3. Right click on the desktop and go to where you set the resolution of your laptop display. Look at the third drop down box and chose Extend Display. Hit apply. Then chose Detect. You should see three screen in the box. Make sure you have three screen in the box, two will not work for some reason, you have to see three screens on there. Then click on identify and your TV will be detected, should be detected as screen 2. Hit apply.
4. Go into the intel graphics hd control panel in multiple display, chose the resolution of 1920x1080 and your laptop will switch over automatically to your tv. Everytime you plug into the HDMI cable, it will automatically switch over for you, and revert back to your laptop screen once the HDMI cable is unplugged! This method works also if you are connecting a hdmi to your laptop through a Home Theater Receiver. The problem with this is the sound still plays out from the laptop as I have not figured out how to make my receiver plays the sound from the hdmi cable If anyone have any idea on how to do this PLEASE PLEASE add this to the wiki board so I won't have to spend another $60 or someone else! Thank you and enjoy....
Calibrate your screen
Here are three ways to calibrate the screen for more accurate colors. This will make your laptop?s screen look much better.
Instructions to Remove Keyboard
Confirmed only 2 DDR3 slots
Installation of Dell bluetooth module 370
Some pictures of the Mobo