Wiki Community Board This can and should be used by you to post updated deal information. Be sure to read this because it may contain answers to your questions!
Wiki info is not representative of the final game. Game was overhauled in 2011.
"It was at this moment where we thought that we're too sci-fi - we had some good input from Special Forces who told us what really is their job. It was the right moment to change. We didn't change the engine, we didn't change a lot of stuff - but we changed the design, the visuals and the mission system."
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
● Developers: Ubisoft Paris and Ubisoft Red Storm - Publisher: Ubisoft
● Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStaion 3, PC
● Release Date: TBA Q1 2012
● Official Website[ubi.com] ● Twitter[twitter.com] - Metacritic = N/A[metacritic.com]
● Campaign (cooperative enabled): 1 to 4 players (splitscreen up to 2/online enabled)
● Multiplayer: 1 to 16 players (splitscreen up to 2/online enabled/system link is 1 per console) - 10 Maps - 4 Modes: TBA
○ Multiplayer Beta Date (X360 only): TBA - Play via a Splinter Cell: Conviction disc or with a GameStop pre-order code.
HIGHLIGHTS - ⁂Updated: ?
● The story starts ~15 years after GRAW2 and as the Ghost's commando (Kozak) you'll lead a sniper (Pepper), a reconnaissance expert (30K), and an engineer (Bones) against an ultra-nationalist force that took control of Russia and invading neighboring countries (Norway, Asia, Middle East).
○ 12 to 14 hour target campaign length with 4 player drop-in/out cooperative play in 14 missions across 8 locals (Africa, Arctic Circle, and more).
● "Ghost Recon: Alpha" will be a 20 minute live action mini-film prequel directed by Francois Alaux and Herve de Crecy; and written by Tim Sexton. The budget is between $8 to $10 million.
● Controversial lack of squad commands, instead uses a 'Link-Up' button to tether (up to 4) in a tight radius. 1 player "pilots", others just control their camera while their character dynamically navigates environment. This is encouraged by "buffs" where players share their abilities (ex: share/increase optical camo. ability).
● Faster movement explained by exo-skeleton. Allows for rolls, sliding tackles, and melee Israeli krav maga/Russian systema.
● 4 classes with exclusive abilities, but all able to revive each other (last stand mechanic):
○ "Recon" has thermo-optic camo. that turns off when you shoot.
○ "Engineer" controls drones and has sound/emp emitters.
○ "Sniper" has sensors like audio detectors and heartbeat monitors to locate targets and share intel in Cross Com.
○ "Commando" has a shoulder-mounted mortar launcher and a modular assault rifle outfitted with: bayonet hook, scope, grenade launcher (or shotgun).
● Drones include: UAV drone, artillery drone, transport drone, and attack drone.
● Cross Com returns for drone control and friendly vision when linked-up.
● Universal ranking system across all modes to unlock new gear, such as new weapons (50 firearms) and customize them in Gunsmith Mode.
● Multiplayer at 60 fps and "No vehicle action."
● Switch between either third-person movement/shooting/cover system/agility to first-person movement/shooting.
Man I pre-ordered this last year over the 4th of July b/c Ubisoft was having a promo and I was able to pre-order for $40. It's looking really promising now, I'm curious to see if the kinect works as well as they are saying it will.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.