DD-WRT flash on Linksys WRT54GS v7.2
Quote :This process ALSO works with the WRT54GSv7 with only a little HEX modification to the vxworkskillerv8!
*Of course, you'll have to reset the router to factory defaults before flashing*
Here's what I did:
1) Log into the WRT54GSv7.
2) Under the Administration tab, RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS.
3) Go back to the Administration tab [192.168.1.1].
4) Firmware Upgrade via the Linksys GUI vxworkskillerGSv7-v3.bin
5) Update will be successful.
6) Manually configure your Network Card to a manual IP something like 192.168.1.77, then Manually configure Gateway to 192.168.1.1, DNS to 192.168.1.1
7) Hold down the RESET button on router for 30 seconds.
8 ) Wait about 30 more seconds, then unplug router.
9) HOLD DOWN reset button, then plug-in router. Then release reset button after 5 seconds.
10) QUICKLY Open command prompt, and use TFTP command:
tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put dd-wrt.v24_micro_wrt54gv8.bin
11) You will see the activity light on your network indicator "go crazy".
[[If #11 doesn't happen AND you get TFTP TIMED OUT, I had to repeat step 9 then 10 to be quicker]]
12) Wait about 10 minutes, and the TFTP should acknowledge success.
13) Log into DD-WRT Router!!!!