To give your opinion, vote using the thumbs above.
It’s the time of year that you have all been waiting for!l The Fifth Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest is underway.l Along with the ability to show off your carving abilities we are adding a new dimension and going to be running a parallel contest for Best Halloween Costumes! You have 2 weeks to design, create, take pictures and display your talent.
We have two forums all set up for you to post your own pictures. Yeah, that's right, you will post the pictures yourself right into the forum and each entry will be a new thread. The OP will be be nameless and avatar-less.
That way the OP’s post will be anonymous and then people can oohh and ahh…discuss, praise and laugh at the entries.
- Get a pumpkin.
- Carve it.
- Take a few digital pictures of that pumpkin, and post your favorite in a new thread in this forum by 11:59:59 PM PDT, Nov. 1st. You can choose to have your entry lit or unlit.
- A placard with the words “Slickdeals 2010″ must be included in the picture to qualify for voting. Photo-shopping the words onto the picture does not let us know it's really your picture. It has to be a sign (placard) Sample entries from 2008 and 2009.
- Here are the entries for last year and the winner was Nanocat86
- Design your costume.
- Take a few digital pictures of yourself in costume and post your favorite one in a new thread in this forum by 11:59:59 PM PDT, Nov. 1st.
- A placard with the words “Slickdeals2010” must be somewhere in the shot to qualify for the contest. Photo-shopping the words onto the picture does not let us know it's really your picture. It has to be a sign (placard).
Prizes per contest:
This year we have some exciting prizes. We will pick a winner for the grand prize and runners up for Slickdeals Apparel.
- Grand Prize: Nintendo Wii + Slickdeals Sweatshirt + T-Shirt
- 2nd – 5th place: Slickdeals Sweatshirt + T-Shirt
- 6th – 10th place: Slickdeals T-shirt
Get creating & carving!!
- Entries can be as creative as you want, but they must be PG13 or tamer and conform to our image rules.
- Also, entries must have a placard somewhere that mentions Slickdeals 2010 in order to verify authenticity.
- A group picture or a group of pumpkins that create a theme can be submitted as one entry.
- Once an entry is submitted, it can not be changed
- Submissions must be made by 11:59:59 PM PDT, Nov. 1st.
- The voting will be ongoing from the day you post your entry. Extra 5 points (thumbs up) for Slickdeals or Black Friday themed pumpkins.
- Only one entry per person, please.
- You may vote on as many as you like.The rules are subject to update for clarification if necessary.