Don't forget that there will be a $100 change fee on Alaska so that $264.22 flight credit is really a $164.22 flight credit.
Actually it was $100 to change the trip the day I canceled OR receive the flight credit to be used within 1 year. I've already booked the new trip and the full $264.22 was applied to the reservation.
As for Expedia, at one point I did contact them to cancel my hotel and they told me that the $300 credit would be removed and I would be charged for the flight portion as it was a package. I said never mind and kept the entire reservation at that point. Then a week later I canceled the flight directly with the airlines and Expedia contacted me several days later and said that Alaska had canceled my flight and that I wouldn't be charged for the their cancellation.
Yeah I read that before I canceled. Maybe the credit should have been $100 more, but they took it off for the fee? All I know is that on the new booking I was only charged the price difference for the flight I was looking at which was $41.18.
So just got back a few days ago from Vegas with the girlfriend, was amazing!
Slickest deal I ever got, so basically here was my trip:
1) Left on Delta flight, on time arrived around 10 a.m. ($15 to JFK and $13 to hotel LV=$28)
2) Got to the hotel, Rio, sick view of the strip (roughly $45 each for flight/hotel=$90 plus $20 trick)
3) Spent like $5 on slots, then used Groupon for Joe's pizza, asbolutely delicious (salad, pizza, dessert=$8 after groupon and tip) (free groupon thanks to credits)
4) Walked the strip, went to Le Burger Brasserie in Paris, 50 cent wings so ordered 6 and dessert minus $5 coupon=$7 after tip
5) Grand Canyon the next day as well as Hoover Dam and Route 66, thank you Groupon selling $69 each but had $115 credit so $23 after everything (included McDonalds Big Breakfast and a great lunch)
6) Then had late dinner at Grand Luxe at the Venetian ($24 after tip/tax)
7) Because I stayed at the Rio they gave each of us a free 24 hour buffet pass which was amazing so last day there had Rio for breakfast, Harrah's for lunch, and Spice Market for dinner. (Spice Market was the absolute best, left tip at Rio so $2 for breakfast lunch dinner all day)
8) Finally won $120 on roulette, then spent $17 to get to the airport plus $2 for bellman to hold my bags
9) Late to airport so my roulette money was nearly gone there ($50 charge per person x 2=$100)
10) Also saw Mentalist, travelzoo 75% off sale $30 for 2 tickets, so funny and great show!
Total for 2 people, to eat amazing food, see the Grand Canyon, Hoover Damn, Route 66, Walk the Strip, see a great show, and a 24 hour buffet pass included (minus a net $25 profit of gambling since I paid $100 to Delta for being late) gets me a total of
Roughly $250 for both of us, slickest deal ever, thank you OP, thanks slickdeals, couldn't have done it without you.
Last thing, if you go on GRANDADVENTURES TOUR ASK FOR ERIC!!!
Friend's FB Status-Jus paid $5.10 for this HDMI cable, that's crazy considering the cable was originally $59.99!!
about an hour ago · Comment · Like
Got back 3 days ago, what an amazing trip! Me and my girlfriend arrived late night on the 20th and came back late night at 24th. We booked the hotel at Boulder Station and Sam's Town but before we left for Vegas, we booked at Caesar's Palace for 4 nights for $340 after taxes and fees. Did the $20 trick, worked like charm. The young lady upgraded our room to Augustus Tower. Bought $100 show pass and $40 buffet pass. Highly recommended to purchase these passes, especially the show one. We watched 6 shows and they were all great. We watched Mac King, Jubilee, Maturi, Arthur wild magic, X Berlesque, and The Price is Right live stage show. Some buffet lings were too long and it is not worth the wait. (Paris, PH, Caesar's palace). You can purchase the buffet pass at ANY OF THE BUFFETS' cashier in the same chain including Caesar's, Rio, IP, Paris, Bally's, PH, Harrah's, etc..so if you want to buy the pass, buy it at those long buffets such as PH or Paris. Ph has the best LAMB I ever had in my life, not sure about paris. For show pass you have to get it at PH's boxoffice. It is about $230 after tax for 2 people, worth it IMO. Overall great trip..if you have any questions feel free to ask me. Thanks SD!
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.