RETIRED: Target & Super Target Deals Thread. Keep OT to a minimum. Please read first post and both wikis before posting.
Welcome to the new Target & Super Target deals thread!
Please read this post and the 2 wikis before posting and/or asking questions. Thanks!
RECENT NOTES FROM SLICKDEALS MODS:
Please keep all OT and chit chat to a minimum. For anything that is not deal-related, please join us here at the Target Chit Chat thread, in the ever-popular SD Lounge for lighthearted chit chat that may or may not be related to Target.
When you make a post you need to avoid doing a copy and paste of the work of someone else. It is stealing to copy and paste things directly from other sites such as the TT site.
We have been contacted by them and asked nicely to stop doing that.
If you see good coupons or deals just we love to have you share them with us, just be sure to rewrite them before posting.
Target Thread Rules:
- Do not ask (even in a covert way) for any coupon that has been scanned or discuss any coupon that is not used for its intended purpose. This goes for ALL scanned – this is what ALTERED means – this will cause this thread to shut down, per Moderator warning.
- Do not post directly to Ebay auctions. It is considered self-promotion because the mods don’t have a way to verify if you are the seller or not.
- Do not discuss or promote unethical and/or illegal activities with coupons or GCs (i.e. using expired coupons, using fake coupons, etc). Do not post expired coupons. Do not discuss ways to use expired manufacturer’s coupons (Clarification of this rule can be found here.)
- Do not discuss ways to misuse the true intent of a manufacturer coupon.
- Target.com has changed to the E-Centives coupon printing system where you have to download special software that keeps track of what you printed, like bricks coupons. The coupons print out directly to your printer. The manufacturer coupons printed from the Target.com website can NOT be posted here as they have a unique serial number above the right hand barcode. Target coupons printed from sites such as RedPlum are also now individually encoded and can NOT be posted here as well. If a Target coupon (such as those currently from Target.com) is not individually coded, it can be posted here.
- In keeping with SD rules, multiple per pages (MPPs) must be hosted off site, such as with google docs.
- Finally - Mod Alert any fighting! The mods would rather catch it in the beginning, versus going back 5 pages to see what happened.
Target Coupon Policy - Take a copy of this with you!
Link to Target Coupon Policy on Target.com [target.com]
Quote :Dear Target Guest,
Thanks for asking again about using coupons at Target. Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping at Target, and we make it easy to use them at our stores. But because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target:
Thanks for shopping with us. We'll see you again soon at Target.
Target Guest Relations
Quote :Dear Target Guest,
Thanks for writing back regarding our coupon acceptance at Target. When a coupon states one per purchase, and you have more than one, you can use one coupon per item, as each item is considered a purchase and not a transaction.
We always welcome your questions, so if we can assist you in the future, please contact our Target Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. You can also speak with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your local Target store, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!
Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we'll see you again soon at Target.
Target Guest Relations
Target Coupons and Attachments through the PAPER CLIP - Current Thread PaperClipOther Coupon Resources
Target Coupon Generators
ALL current Target Web Coupons have this restriction, "Limit one offer per TRANSACTION."Target Mobile Coupons
Generators are no longer available as "All currently available Target coupons were released with printing restrictions on them. Therefore, we can not host them here." Please refer to wiki for MPPs hosted off-site.
Sign up here
You will then receive texts from Target supplying you a link to go to on your phone. You will need internet on your phone to use that link. Just show the barcode to your cashier and they just need to scan it.
Coupon is unique per phone# and can only be used once per item.
Don't have internet on your phone? That fine- sign up any way and then on your computer go here . Enter your phone number and print out the barcode.
Alphabetical List of Unexpired Newspaper Insert Coupon Thread
List of Each Coupon Insert's Oldest Expiration Date
Printable Coupon Thread
Sources for more coupons, including printable coupon websites and clipping services
Official Trading Thread
Drugstore and Grocery store Coupons Only Trading Thread
Detailed List of Coupon Clipping Services, including location and service/S&H charges
DPCI Inventory Checkers & Numbers
Target ASIN/DCPI Inventory Checker - Credit goes to jxmiller
Target ASIN Inventory Checker (append the ASIN at the end of the url after it says asin= ) - Credit goes to inyearstocome
TARGET MOBILE - Credit goes to legster
Target Inventory Locator -- has been updated to work with DPCIs again. Any problems, PM khemical (the creator of this)
Other Target Information
1. Mark Down Schedule - Please note that the list may not be entirely accurate, as some stores have reportedly made changes to this schedule and other stores may be days (or weeks) behind schedule!
- Monday - Electronics, Kids Clothing and Stationary (Cards, GiftWrap, etc.)
- Tuesday - Domestics, Women's Clothing, Pets and Market (food items)
- Wednesday - Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden items
- Thursday - House Wares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor and Luggage
- Friday - Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry
- 50% off day after holiday for three days
- 75% off fourth day after holiday for three days
- 90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days.
- Target price adjustments can be done for 14 days (excluding clearance). If you purchase an item and it goes on sale within the next 2 weeks, you can take your receipt to Customer Service for a price adjustment.
- If an item you want is out of stock, there should be a little tear off pad with rainchecks. You tear one off and take it to the cashier, tell them the quantity you want, and they will print a raincheck. Please note, current rainchecks do not have a barcode and when you go to use a raincheck, the cashier has to manually type it in rather than scanning a barcode.
- Target.com has switched to using E-Centives coupon printable software that limits and tracks the number of coupons you print and Target coupons can no longer be printed at the in store kiosks because of this.
6. Missed Coupon Policy
- Target stores will now match prices of other stores with a physical ad of the competing store. Please refer to their official price match policy at their website here .
8. Out Of Stock Items
- If an item is out of stock (OOS) on both the shelf and the backroom and needs to be ordered from the warehouse, there will be a small gray dot sticker on the shelf price tag of the item. If there is no gray dot on the shelf price tag, enter the DCPI number into an updated price check scanner to check back room stock of the item. If your store has the old style of scanners, ask a team member to check the stock of the item for you.
9. Contacting Guest Relations
- (800) 440-0680
- Questions, Comments and/or Complaints about Target/Super Target and/or Team Members.
- When sending a Team Member compliment and/or complaint, keep in mind that ETL's get share-pay bonuses, while Team Members don't. Stores are responsible for store-controlled things like clean restrooms and sales floors, carts and hand baskets available, response time to the jewelry and electronics counters and Guest call buttons, etc. Also, use a different E-mail/name each time, else after 2-3 complaints they just refer you to the Store Team Leader (STL).
Common Abbreviations & Acronyms Throughout the thread, you may find some abbreviations and acronyms that are confusing, as some are very specific to Target. Here are some of the most common you'll see mentioned repeatedly.
- AC = After Coupon(s) (as in, "I used 4 MQs and 3 TQs, so my total AC was $1.23.")
- AF = Archer Farms
- AP = Asset Protection ("Loss Prevention" or LP for many other stores)
- BC = Before Coupon(s) (as in, "My total BC was $56.78.")
- BOGO = Buy One, Get One free
- Blinkie = In store, on aisle coupon dispenser with blinking LED light
- GSTL = Guest Services Team Leader (Cashier Supervisor)
- HTH = Hope That Helps
- INF = Item Not Found. Usually refers to an item that has been on clearance and has been salvaged.
- LOD = Leader on Duty [like a Manager on Duty (either the store manager or a store asst. manager)
- MM = Money maker
- MQ = Manufacturer's Coupon
- MP = Market Pantry
- MPP = Multiples Per Page
- OOP = Out of Pocket
- OOS = Out of Stock
- PA = Price Adjustment
- PM (first meaning) = Private Message
- PM (second meaning) = Price Match
- Peelie = Peel away coupon on retail package
- RP = Redplum
- Q = Coupon
- SS = Smart Source
- TL = Team Lead [a level of Target mgmt. (supervisor, department manager)]
- TPC = Temporary Price Cut
- TQ = Target Coupon
- V = Vendor Coupon
- YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary (as in, something may or may not work for you)
How do I let someone know they've posted a no-no?
- If you feel it would be beneficial and helpful to the thread as a whole, go ahead and post an answer. But if you need to correct someone on an etiquette issue or on coupon use, try PM'ing them first. That avoids embarrassment and negative posts. The mods are watching our thread closely--we want to keep things helpful and pleasant.
New to couponing? Please read hawaiiandawn's thread - New Q Shoppers, Don't be Scared! You Can Do This!!
New to the thread? Please read:
1) Target puts out their own coupons on their website. You can combine Target coupons and use them with manufacturer's coupons. So if you have a Target coupon for Heinz Ketchup for $1.00, and a manufacturer's coupon for Heinz Ketchup for $1.00 - you are allowed to use them both together and get $2.00 off your ketchup purchase. So check Target's website, I think they put up new coupons every other weekend.
2) You can also find Target coupons in the newspaper. If they aren't in your newspaper, check e*bay and coupon clipper sites - do a search for "Target coupons" and see what comes up. You can also combine these with manufacturer's coupons. Right now there are Target insert/newspaper coupons for $2.00 off Kotex items and there are manufacturer's coupons for $1.00 or $.50 off Kotex items. This makes some of the Kotex items FREE.
3) Check your coupons and make sure that they don't say "excludes trial items" on them. If they don't, you should be able to use them on trial items, potentially getting them FREE. (This varies from store to store, some stores will refuse you.) Not long ago, there were $1.00 Tide detergent coupons, and you could use them on the Tide trial sizes which were $1.00 = FREE Tide.
4) Keep your eyes open for coupons in the actual store. Sometimes Target will have tearpads, peelies, hangtags, etc, that are Target coupons. Again, you can combine them with your manufacturer coupons. Right now there are $1.00 Target Ziplock coupons attached to some Ziplock items in the store + $1.00 Ziplock manufacterer coupons = some pretty cheap darn Ziplock stuff..
5) Watch the Target ads for gift card deals. These are AWESOME. Combined with coupons, sometimes Target will pay YOU to take items off their hands. The last major one I remember was the Venus or Fusion razors.. it was buy two, get a $5 or $10 gift card, I can't remember which. And there were $4 coupons available to use on the razors. Buy two razors, use two $4 coupons and get handed a gift card back.. good deal. There's also a Sobe gift card deal coming up, making the Sobe free using coupons.
6) Keep your eyes open for coupons that say "buy x product, get y product free." Then combine those with other coupons. Example: I had coupons for $1.00 off Chinet plates. I also had coupons for FREE Heinz ketchup when you buy Chinet plates. I ALSO had $3 off $15 partyware purchase Target coupon. Combine all those, and I now live in a Chinet fort and take baths in ketchup. My skin has never looked so smooth (and tomatoey) and my utility bills have never been so high. (I'm kidding, I'm kidding.. )
Hope that helps out a little bit. We were all new once. Feel free to PM someone when you have a question about something they post here.. if they don't answer, at least you tried, right? And a bunch of people will answer.
August 27, 2010, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
September 8, 2010, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
September 23, 2010, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
October 29, 2010, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
November 17, 2010, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
January 3, 2011, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
January 17, 2011, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
February 14, 2011, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
March 13, 2011, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.