Instantly search by description, source, and store.
Filter by discount range, source, store, expiration.
User submitted coupons for any registered user.
Ability for the original coupon posteranyone to edit coupons.
Ability for the original coupon poster to remove coupons.
The focus was to make it simple and as quick as possible to find and add coupons. At this time, its fairly barebone and missing some requested features. Try using it at first and in the future, features and tweaks will be made accordingly. Some planned features include dupe check, shopping lists, and a more sophisticated moderation system. We can add more stores and sources, if necessary.
Last edited by SP33DFR34K; 04-26-2011 at 11:25 AM..
Wiki Community Board This can and should be used by you to post updated deal information. Be sure to read this because it may contain answers to your questions!
This is a start at a listing of all the enhancements or functionality the users here have been requesting. They are in no particular order!
- Ability to sort by any column - valliebaby
- Ability to sort by insert type & date (at the same time) – reg036
- B2G1 button – reg036
- Ability to mass import in large quantities of coupons at one time (for example, to add the 1,300 printables from IP thread) - bailey327
- Ability for add a coupon page to have more than 1 complete field so that you could enter 10 coupons at once on a single page?
- Sort by insert date or even expiration date– reg036
- "Store" field still needs to be made functional – Tipper
- Insert date field needs to be in front of the source field for a copy & paste to make sense – reg036
- Have "Ex " automatically added in front of the expiration date so if we copy & paste from the DB, it will paste in a useable format – reg036 & MFH
- For weeks with lots of inserts, need a field for the number like "RP #2, SS #1, etc. – Kgerv & tvip
- Default settings I could change as needed such as not having to pick Smart Source each time and in the store category, it's loading some type of long list of websites – Tipper
- Short blurb at top explaining some kind of standards of format for entering description. (i.e. Brand or Manufacturer name always first) – bailey327
- Including non-pdf printables (with rolling expiration dates by adding rolling as a date option rather than a required date) – bailey327
- Longer viewable description field on http://slickdeals.net/coupondb/add.php. Currently, if text extends beyond the "viewing window" while you proof-read prior to saving you have to scroll over the text to read it. Perhaps this can be achieved by making other fields closer together and making the quantity and/or store viewable windows smaller. – Rachelhead
Q&A compiled from the Q DB Feedback thread
(Questions asked by members in the feedback thread and SP33DFR34K's answers.)
They will be user generated, so anyone can add to them. Expired coupons will still exist, but will only be shown if you request it. We'll probably never delete coupons.
As for maintaing coupon, we'll be using a system we're the person who posted the coupon can edit it, but also people with a higher rank can edit it as well. For example, an italics user posted a coupon. Any bold or higher rank can also edit the coupon.
Even if we give everyone free reign, only a few people likely will be entering the data anyways.
In general, the admins/mods will try to keep as much hands off as possible from this, unless necessary. The implementation will be as simple as possible to allow flexibility. The community will be shaping this product.
Sadly, I don't have time to look through everything. Instead, I focused on what was suggested in the SIS thread about coupon database, looked at the examples, and designed this mock up accordingly. Also, I rather get feedback from the people who will actually be using it, since i'm designing it for them, and not me.
I don't like the cent sign. I was putting in a $7.00 coupon, and it came out .07 the first time, then I edited it, putting in '700' and it came out right. Not intuitive. I think it would make more sense to have '$', and you could enter data as 7 or 7.00 and either way would come up right.
Also, the date field I tried typing in expiration of 4/24/11 and it became '4/24/1911'. I think there aren't any expirations from 1900 to 1999 that we need to worry about.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.