Deal DetailsPromoted 05-13-2011 at 11:15 AM View Original Post
Note, you are required to pick a data plan at time of purchase, which may be cancelled any time. 2GB Data plan for 1 month may be added at no additional cost
- 1GHz A8 Cortex Processor
- Android 2.2 Froyo
- 16GB Internal Memory
- 7" 600x1024 WSVGA
- WiFi N
If you don't plan on using the data plan, CANCEL IT NOW!
1) Call AT&T Customer Support @ 800-331-0500
2) The automated system will ask you for your Galaxy Tab's phone number, which appears on the confirmation email and the box.
3) Hit '0' then provide your name and last 4 of your social to the CSR.
4) Tell them you'd like to cancel you DataConnect plan. The CSR you are currently talking to may be able to cancel the service there. If they act dumb.. See Step 5
5) Ask to be transferred to cancellations. If the cancellations CSR acts dumb, don't waste your time. Hang up and repeat from Step 1 to get a useful CSR. (I was able to cancel in ~5 min, Mike_Hawk).
You should be able to prorate the plan for the month. Kindly ask them to waive the data charges incurred while the Tab was in transit and not in your possession, they should be able to credit your account or make note of it on your account. There is no activation fee. There is no early termination fee (ETF), so you can cancel/re-subscribe anytime for no fee. This is great news if you plan to be on Wifi the majority of the time but still need 3G if for say you're going on a business trip or vacation.
An additional promo to sweeten this dea [EXPIRED]l:
Free $50 rental credit from MovieHub by registering device with Samsung.com
Please post and fill in any info about the tab here (custom roms, rooting, etc)
3. Flash a custom rom [will delete any installed apps, so backup first!]
I used the following to root my AT&T SGT and to get the ability to install non-market apps (including the Amazon app store).
Instructions are not as clear as they could be, so do some reading first if you are unsure about the Android drivers that need to be on your PC and how to put the SGT in USB debug mode (Settings/Applications/Development/USB debugging).
cybernevets 16-May-2011 9:25 EST
You may also want to go here for a single download with drivers of the same root program. http://shortfuse.org/?page_id=2
Unlocking allows you to use gsm cellular providers other than ATT including international ones.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=843323 (start from "UPDATE: New easier way that doesn't involve learning how to hex edit ")
Overcome Rom - Tweaked Samsung Gingerbread Rom - Very stable and fast!
Netflix - use netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk
Video of netflix running smooth
Tab running Overcome 2.0.0 beta2
using this verion of netflix
Lets you make free phone calls over wifi/3g using google voice number, works great on the galaxy tab
One Click Lag Fix
To be used after you root, greatly speeds up your tab Source
Note: Your power consumption might go up 29%
1. root + busybox <-- Whats busybox?
2. Download Link
1. the downloaded program on the Galaxy OCLF Move Tab
2. install with any file manager program
3. OCLF start
4. "Install EXT2 tools"
5. then press OneClickLagFix V2.2 +
6. the standard value can be set
7. wait until it's finished and reboot!
As you can then test to see run the benchmark by Quadrant what caused it and the whole system should be a bit "smoother" are.
Who so why should always be unhappy just goes in the program to undo OneClickLagFix V2.2 + and uninstalled the program!
Installing 3rd Party software - with AT&T Rom
Just wanted to give people heads up, since I rooted without problems but when putting Custom Rom -Overcome, had problems with patching.
AT&T has blocked the area where non Adnroid Market software (*.apk files), can be installed. Usaully you can change this thru, settings -> application -> Allow non market software. There is no option in AT&T rom. So you can install android software (apk files) from your PC using the following Link:
Side Load Wonder Machine
You can patch the unit also, and then put custom ROM which will have the option present to install apk file.
Just wanted to share, since it took me some time to resolve. !!
I called to cancel the data plan, and nicely asked for the unlock code, after provide my IEME, the guy at ATT gave me the unlock code, so now i can use my tmobile SIM