Yesterday, when a friendly cashier at a new store handed me my receipt, her eyes widened, and she said, "do you KNOW how many points you have?" (did she think I was dim-witted as well as old? lol), and that began a conversation about points disappearing if you don't use your card at least once a month, etc. She said she found out the hard way. I haven't really looked into this, but I will. Does anyone know anything about this?
I had a cashier once whip out her cell phone and take a picture of my balance rewards points total. Ok, I don't have a massive amount, but really? Ha. I do though struggle to find things to spend larger amounts on without buying things I don't really need.
Anyway, this I think is still the current rule on expiring points:
- Account must have activity every 6 months or all points are forfeited; a $.10 filler item purchase will preserve points balance. Points and rewards expire three years after they are earned or if an account has been inactive for 6 months.
anyways heard/read it was three months... I remember reading somewhere
As Bailey posted, its right in the Balance Rewards Thread:
Restrictions and other worries:
- Using any amount of points value or store credit card (W card) to pay means no points earned for any items in your ENTIRE transaction.*
- Card can be scanned about 20 times per day. Beyond that will require a manager override.
- Points can't be earned on the standard list of excluded items (alcohol; dairy; tobacco; stamps; phone/prepaid cards; etc.)
- Points can’t be spent on the same standard list of excluded items, including prescriptions
- No points on prescriptions in AR, NJ, NY; instead you get 10 points per $1 spent on certain OTC medications
- Returning items will result in deduction of any points awarded for that item.
- Returning items that were part of a Buy $X get Y points type deal, even if only one small item, will cause all Y points to be deducted.
- System will not allow points to be used to purchase gift card. - Account must have activity every 6 months or all points are forfeited; a $.10 filler item purchase will preserve points balance. Points and rewards expire three years after they are earned or if an account has been inactive for 6 months.
* Exception: In Dec 2012, there was a deal where you earned 2500 if you spent 10000. This was a specific exception to the rule that was promoted in the store.
Unless they changed things and didn't tell us, which I doubt.
Thread has all the info on the Balance Rewards program and discussions on problems people have run into.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.