I purchased a NetTalk DUO about 6 months ago. At that time, they claimed that number portability was not available.
I recently was reading their online -- The given link is broken --. Section 4, Subsection (e) reads:
4. OTHER SERVICE DISTINCTIONS
e. Local Number Portability
In the event you are not utilizing a new phone number for your netTALK.com Service, but rather are transferring an existing phone number, which currently is subscribed to a carrier other than netTALK.com for local, local toll and/or long distances telecommunications services, to netTALK.com Service, the terms and conditions of this paragraph shall apply:
1) you hereby authorize netTALK.com to process your order for netTALK.com Service and to notify your local telephone company of your decision to switch your local, local toll and long distance services to netTALK.com Service, and represent that you are authorized to take this action;
2) you agree and acknowledge that if you set up your TK6000/DUO/DEVICES prior to the date that the number switch becomes effective ("Port Effective Date"), you will be able to make outgoing calls only over the phone you have connected to the TK6000/DUO/DEVICES. In such event, you should keep another phone connected to an existing phone extension at your service location to receive incoming calls until the Port Effective Date, after which you will be able to both make and receive calls using the netTALK.com Service; and
3) you agree and acknowledge that if your TK6000/DUO/DEVICES is not yet activated as of the Port Effective Date, your existing phone service for the number you are transferring will be disconnected you will have no service for that line. Therefore, to avoid an interruption in your phone service, it is extremely important that you install the TK6000/DUO/DEVICES prior to, or on, the Port Effective Date. An estimate of the Port Effective Date will be sent to you via e-mail by netTALK.com following your completion of the ordering process.
So my two questions are:
1. Has anybody that uses NetTalk managed to port their number?
2. Is it too late for me to go get my old number? It still appears to be available.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.