Very glossy. It's covered in a sheet of glass. It's been a problem for some people.
This model has only been seen at HSN so far (and they've had the model number incorrectly listed as "5LV9500" instead of "55LV9500" for over a month). The consensus is that this is pretty much identitical to what was going to be the 55LW9500 earlier this year, LG's top of the line offering. LG scrapped that model early on to focus on their passive 3D technology. This model that HSN is selling even has the original FCC id that the 55LW9500 was supposed to have.
There is a bunch of information at the avsforum link posted earlier in this thread. This TV is a wonderful 3D performer with some minor changes in the service menu and the purchase of LG's active 3D glasses. It's got a bunch of other features as well that are factory-disabled, including a built-in DVR if you plug in a USB harddrive.
LG will be releasing the 55LW9800 very shortly it seems, which is their top passive 3D model for 2011. It will probably hit at a much higher price point.
Cool, thanks! I purchased one but on HSN.com nothing shows up in the order history and I didn't get an e-mail or anything. Is that a problem?
I got in on the original deal, long before the 3D was proven accessible. I have a few thoughts on this model:
1) Out of the box, audio/video is not on the same level as my 3 year old Sammy LN46A650 (1080p/120hz).
2) Video games( like 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood') where the character is running all of the time cause a lot of blurry imagery to occur at the bottom of the screen.
3) Sometimes the audio refuses to show up on the HD channels, and yes I have tried 2 other hdmi cables.
4) The audio is definitely better than my Sammy.
5) When the screen is black, the led lights create an unnerving pattern on the screen. I have been unable to replicate it when there is something on the screen, though.
6) Well worth the risk for 6 'Easy Pays' of $250, even before 3D was enabled.
Hmm, still sold out (been sold about almost a week). I wonder if this is the end of this deal, and maybe they truly are sold out this time. They have been sold out on this set before, but not for this long, IIRC.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.