Hard Drive Detail
I know this is not very slicks, but consider free upgrade to better drive SATA-III (6.0 GB/s) from western Digital. And I'm not sure every one will get the same as me or not. But what I got back from WD over the weekend I filed 3 failed WD20EARS 2TB SATA-2 (3.0GB/s) after 6 months of use. I got shipment last night WD replaced me with WD25EZRX 2.5TB SATA-3 (6.0GB/s). I was surprised and call tech support gave them my RMA number after 10 min reviewed my RMA, she told me that WD will replace WD20EARS with WD25EZRX due to the WD20EARS has higher chance failed.
So if any of you have some of the WD20EARS laying around for paper weight and it still under warranty. I think this very best chance to get free upgraded to 2.5TB WD25EZRX SATA-3 (6.0GB/s).
It also cost you little bit to returning the defective drive to WD about $7.00 to 10.00 if you ship it back with USPS priority flat rate. But if you previously paid for this drive 64.00 plus additional of 10 for shipping fee you still pay like 74.00 bucks for 2.5TB low power consumption and SATA-3. I dont think you can get 2.5TB SATA 3 less than $95 dollars right now..
How do I do it...honestly I don't know, bellow how I file the claim:
- I went to Warranty & RMA Services Click here Linky
- Click on End User
- Product Replacement (RMA)
- Click on Advance Replacement
- Enter your Hard Drive Serial Number then click continue
- It take you Warranty Service Page where you will see your HDD eligible RMA or not
- And If your does qualify Click Continue
- Enter your Address information Click continue and it will take you to Advance product Replacement pages. This page will have all your shipping information on the right page. And left page you will see your HDD serial number. Under Mode No. there is a drop down box chose Other.
- On box Additional Return Reason (30 chars max). I type in The drive is failed under 6 months of use.
- After you done all these step Click Create RMA button.
- It will ask you to enter your Credit Card, WD will place a hold amount on your CC until WD rec'd your defective drive then they will release the hold on your CC.
So remember to return your defective drive. Unless you want to go through Standard Replacement which you have to ship the defective drive back to WD first once they rec'd your defective drive they will then send replacement drive to you.