Important: Buy.com orders with Google Checkout. How to get free shipping and rebates
How to get your Rebates With Google Checkout
If you purchased an item with a rebate from Buy.com using Google Checkout, submit the Buy.com purchase receipt to the rebate company. Most rebates require a sales receipt from the retailer (Buy.com). Even if Google sent you a sales receipt, Google acted as a third-party payment processor (similar to using Paypal with a purchase on Ebay), so rebate companies probably will not accept the Google Checkout receipt as proof of purchase. If you did not receive a sales receipt from Buy.com, do this:
1. Go to Buy.com, and log out if you are already logged in.
2. Click "My Account" in the upper-right.
3. Click "Order Lookup" on the right side.
4. Enter the 8-digit order number you received through email from Buy.com (not the 11-digit order number received from Google). Also enter your Name and Phone Number where prompted.
5. Next page will display the order details.
6. Click on "View Receipt" and print it.
Now you can also look-up your order using your Google Checkout order# and/or Paypal order# in addition to your Buy.com order#
Update on Buy.com $10 off $30 (or $20 off $50) Google Checkout: It looks like Buy.com tightened the restrictions on using free shipping.
* If all items within your cart have a green truck icon then you get free shipping on your entire order.
* If you add $30+ worth of non-games, non-apparel items all of which have the grey truck icon and says "Free shipping on orders over $25" then you will get free shipping on your entire order. Several DVDs have the grey truck, so some good deals can be found.
* If you mix-and-match green truck items with grey truck items, it no longer gives free shipping.
Last edited by MissLeading; 11-24-2006 at 01:06 PM..
One thing I would add; HIGHLIGHT the line at the top of the Buy.com receipt that actually says "receipt". Make sure the rebate center knows that you consider this the receipt because Buy.com SAYS it's the receipt.
"As soon as I took office, I asked this Congress to send me a recovery plan by President's Day that would put people back to work and put money in their pockets. Not because I believe in bigger government - I don't."
-- Barack Obama, State of the Union Speech, Feb. 24, 2009
I may not deserve my rebate, but I will get it thanks for MissLeading
This will be my first rebate after shopping with Google Checkout, and I could not get it to work before. After reading this thread I double check my emails to find out the email from Buy.com had a different order number. Probably Google's email is nicer by the colors and I overlooked the information from Buy.com.
Anyway, thanks MissLeading for the steps, specially that comment about the order number. REP'ed ... oops, cannot rep on this forum will find another one, well deserved.
I thought the rebate says (Kingston) that submitting a receipt or a copy of order confirmation email. So I used google order receipt email. Let's see if that works.
Did you read the post above yours?
You get two Emails when you place your order at Buy.com using Google Checkout--one from Google and one from Buy.com. Use the Email from Buy.com as the order # is different than Google Checkout order # and you will not have any problems getting your rebate. Do it any other way at your peril!
You can take a horse to water but can't make it drink!
Since I have already mailed, I can't do much now except waiting.
The google checkout email has the subject like "Order receipt from Buy.com". I would think this IS the order receipt, right? I never received any other emails from buy.com other than telling me item is shipped.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.