46" Westinghouse Deal @ Target for $298
Last Year, we had a thread like this for the 40" for those that wanted to PA it. So I figure I should make this with all the info you need!
Screen Class: 46"
How to get a PA on Black Friday (YMMV):
1. http://sd.site88.net/t.html <----------------------------- Open link.
2. Type/Copy the DCPI and your Zip Code
3. Check for Limited Availability or Available.
4. Call the store and transfer to Electronics and give the person the DPCI number and ask them to hold you 1.
5. Go to the Store, as you check out ask them how many they have, if they have multiples and you would like to buy multiple ones, then buy as many.
6. You should pay around $550-$600 depending on tax per TV.
7. Keep your receipt and you can use the TV as there is no Restocking fee if in the rare scenario where they do not give you a PA.
8. Go back on BF and take receipt to cashier and say you need a PA.
I scored (2) 40" Westy's last year and I already have (1) 46" Westy for this year.
Amazon Review for the 32" Model
TARGET Google Cache Link:
Price Adjustment Tips!
-Remember your Receipt! As basic as this is, I found atleast 2 or 3 people in this thread that dont have a receipt.
-Print out both Targets News Release AND their Corporate Policy
-Head to the closest store and just tell them you want a PA and hand over the receipt
-If you get a PA, good for you. List the store in the wiki below.
-If you DONT get a PA, show them the news release and the policy.
-If they still say no, call up corporate in front of them.
-99% of time Corporate will tell them to price adjust unless you get a crappy person on the line.
-If they still say no, just head to another Target store.
The 46 INCH Westinghouse is NOT a Doorbuster
Corporate Phone Number (in case any managers give you a hard time while PA'ing): 1-800-440-0680
Welcome to the Target Replacement and Service Plan Portal
Steps for getting the TV....
- At your local Target check the inventory with DCPI # 008-09-0725
The inventory checker will look like this....
- The response from the tracker should say something like "In Stock - In show room or storage room"
- Assuming you get the response above, Track down an employee in electronics or go to the guest services.
- Tell them that you want a TV but its not out and the scanner said it was in stock. Give them the DCPI number and they should bring you one out.
- Pay about $550 for the TV out the door
Steps for getting the Price Adjustment...
- Head to any Target store during the day of the sale with your receipt
- Go to guest services and tell them you bought a TV and there is now a lower price
- Hand them the receipt and you will be all done in about two minutes normally
Last years thread on this subject....
Target's Press Release....
Quote :Price Adjustment Policy
Target’s Price Adjustment policy assures guests receive the best value. If a guest purchases an item at Target, but sees it advertised by Target at a lower price during the same week of the purchase, or the week following the purchase date, the guest can bring the original receipt to the Guest Service desk and receive a price adjustment. A guest has up to 90 days from the day of purchase to take advantage of the Price Adjustment policy.
Quote :Screen Size: 46.0 "
Video Resolution: HD - 720p
Mounting Features: Wall Mountable, Detachable Base Stand
Electronic Functions: Built-in Speakers, Computer Monitor
Screen Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
Response Time: 6.5ms Response Time
Contrast Ratio: 4000:1
Video Upconversion: 1080p
Comb Filter Type: 3D Y/C Digital
Tuner Type: ATSC/NTSC, Digital
HD Compatibility: HD Built-In, ATSC/NTSC
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Widescreen
Speaker Type: Down-Firing
Number of Speakers: 2
Input Type: VGA, Component YCbCr/YPbPr + L/R Audio, L/R Audio, HDMI Port, Composite + L/R Audio, RF Antenna Input
Number of HDMI Inputs: 3
Number of Component Inputs: 1
Number of Composite Inputs: 1
Number of PC Inputs: 1
Location of HDMI Inputs: 3 Rear
Location of Component Inputs: 1 Rear
Location of Composite Inputs: 1 Rear
Number of Digital Audio Outputs: 1
Includes: User Manual, Power Cord, Warranty Card, Standard Remote Control, Detachable Base Stand
Dimensions with Stand: 29.0 " H x 43.5 " W x 13.0 " D
Dimensions without Stand: 27.1 " H x 43.5 " W x 4.33 " D
Weight: 70.5 Lb.
Warranty Description: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
What If a Manager or Employee Rejects you?
A. Go to another target and try again.
B. Go back to the same Target later in the day after shift change.
Dial: 1-800-440-0680 when prompted, hit #1 (for English) then #2 then #3 and then #4 and that will get you to a live service rep. Explain your situation and they will tell you to hand the phone over to whoever is giving you grief. 9 times out or 10 they will side with the customer and make the store do things the right way.
It goes without saying that Target managers and employees that make up their own rules HATE it when you call corporate.
Target employees are not allowed to get on a customers cellphone hence the reason why you need to use the in-house phone instead.
46″ 1080p LCD HDTV – VR-4625
Screen Size: 46.0″ Diagonal
Native Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Contrast Ratio: 4,000:1
Viewing Angle: Horizontal 176° / Vertical 176°
TV Tuner*: NTSC/ATSC
YPbPr: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
PC: SVGA, XGA, WXGA
Optimum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
AC Power: 110~240V 60Hz
Power Consumption (max): 133.5 watt
Energy Star Mode: 93.9 watt
Power Consumption (stand by): <1 watt
Input Antenna In (RF): 1
Input Video + LR Audio (Composite): 1
Input Component LR Audio: 1
Input HDMI: 3
Input D-Sub (VGA): 1
Input PC Audio (mini): 1
Output SPDIF Digital Audio (Coaxial): 1
Output L+R Analog Audio: 1
Wall Mount: VESA 400mm x 400mm
Weight with stand: 45.46 lbs
Dimensions (WxHxD): 43.5″ x 29.0″ x 13.0″
Weight without stand: 40.83 lbs
Dimensions without stand (WxHxD): 43.5″ x 27.1″ x 7.3″
Carton Weight: 53.48 lbs
Carton Dimensions (WxHxD): 47.91″ x 33.07″ x 7.99″
Cabinet Color: High Gloss Black
Screen Fit Modes: Standard/Fill/Overscan
Progressive Scan: Yes
3D Noise Reduction: Yes
Inverse 3:2 Pull Down: Yes
3D Adaptive Comb Filter: Yes
Selectable Color Temperature: 3 Presets
Speaker Qty: 2
Location: Down Firing
Certifications and Compatibility
FCC Class B, CE, UL, EPA Energy Star™
Features and specifications subject to change without notice.
*Free user activation may be required
I hooked my Laptop (nVidia) up to this TV using an HDMI cable and was able to get 1:1 pixel mapping. No over scan headaches, nothing to modify. My laptop detected the resolution correctly as 1920x1080.
ONKYO Remote Code
For those SDers that are running their Westy through an Onkyo HT RC360 receiver or similar...
If you've found a remote code that works, post it here:
If you've found a good deal on a wall mount, please post link.
I swear the Cheetah Mount from Amazon was about $37 earlier this week.
Found way to program Directv remote
1. slide to TV
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-9-1, wait for two blinks
4. enter 1
5. keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key, if the TV turns OFF
6. press SELECT to lock code in
You can then program TV input by repeating step 2 and entering 9-6-0