Thread DetailsLast Edited by logandeals February 24, 2012 at 09:18 PM
This is only my second post so please be gentle with the comments. I know that the general opinion of Disney Movie Club is negative on this site, but I have tried this deal myself and thought that it is pretty slick.
- Go to disneymovieclub.com
- Click on link to enter promotion code on upper right. Enter 17674D.
- Offer should change to 5 DVDs or Blu-rays for $1.
- Check membership details on the left. It should read that you have to buy 3 at regular club prices ($29.95 for Blu-rays).
- Choose 5 Blu-ray titles and add to list on right.
- Important - Add a sixth bonus Blu-ray at $11.95. This will count toward your membership commitment. Now you only have to buy 2 at $29.95.
- Add a second bonus Blu-ray for $8.95. This will make a total of 7 Blu-rays on the initial order. Shipping is free.
- Once you receive your initial order, buy two more Blu-rays on separate orders at $29.95 plus $3.95 shipping each.
- Cancel your membership to avoid messing with their "featured selections" every 4 weeks.
Here is how the math works out:
Initial order for 7 Blu-rays = $21.90
1st order at regular price for one Blu-ray = $33.90
2nd order at regular price for one Blu-ray = $33.90
Total price $89.70 for 9 Blu-rays.
Here is the list of Blu-rays that I got, but there are a lot more available on the site. Not every movie that is available to DMC members can count toward the 5 for $1 offer though (especially 3D movies). However I believe that you can buy a 3D Blu-ray to meet the two membership commitment Blu-rays.
- Toy Story
- Toy Story 2
- Toy Story 3
- Sorcerer's Apprentice
- A Bug's Life
Let me know what you all think!
"As a Disney Movie Club member, all you need to do is buy 3 movies at regular Club prices in the next 24 months (starting at $29.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray), plus shipping and processing of $3.95 for the first title in each order, and $1.49 for each additional title in that same order. You may cancel your membership at any time after purchasing the 3 movies."
You don't have to buy a certain number each year. Since your initial order already includes the "bonus" Blu-ray, you therefore only have to buy 2 Blu-rays in the next 24 months. I ordered the Blu-rays at the regular price right away so that I could cancel right away. I assume that they would let me re-join sometime in the future, but don't know for sure.
Also the club offers special discounts on other Blu-ray movies when you buy one at regular price to fulfill your commitment . I was able to buy National Treasure 2 on Blu-ray for around $8 because it made the shipping free.