Wiki Community Board This can and should be used by you to post updated deal information. Be sure to read this because it may contain answers to your questions!
Far Cry 3
Stranded and abducted on a tropical island ruled by violence, Jason Brody [the player] needs to find his girlfriend before it's too late while dealing with deranged locals.
● Developers: Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Massive, and Ubisoft Shanghai | Publisher: Ubisoft
● Platforms: PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
● Release Date: 9/4/2012
● Genre: First-Person Shooter
● Official Website[ubi.com] | Metacritic = ?[metacritic.com]
● 3D Support: ?
Modes/DLC/Highlights - (^) Updated: 4/10/2012
———————————————————————————————————————— Mode: Campaign - 1 Player
● (?) Levels (est: ? hours - open world): Mode: Multiplayer - 1 to 16 Players
● (?) Maps:
(^) ● (?) Gametypes: Domination, Firestorm (fire vs water objectives)
(^) ● You select 'Battle Crys' that help buff teammates near you for XP to level up and on team support rewards like scout planes, chemical bombs, and barrel bombs.
(^) ● Any class can revive a crippled player.
(^) ● Punish or pardon the enemy team's MVP. More taunts can be unlocked. Mode: Multiplayer Map Editor - (TBA) Gameplay
(^) ● Slide into a cover system.
So far the island's missions look interesting [unlike the tropics in Crysis]; but I will be surprised if the multiplayer can hold my attention for more than a couple matches... although I do have some ideas for the map editor like a gladiatorial race on a zip-line course that players ride on to kill the other team.
Last edited by Nikzilla90; 04-10-2012 at 08:46 PM..
Fire looked good at least (GT.TV episode)... for the minute of new gameplay they showed... really wish they stopped showing mo-cap sessions. We get it - this isn't 2005 anymore, they put white balls on you. http://www.gametrailers.com/episo...v/157?ch=1
The tattoo makes no sense (changes on your choices). What a gimmick.
Last edited by Nikzilla90; 05-18-2012 at 03:54 AM..
First hour was cool, but there's no overlooking respawning enemy checkpoints, constant chases, a needlessly huge world, exploding/jamming weapons, and the god damn malaria. Shame since Africa has more potential, especially its wildlife.
Last edited by Nikzilla90; 05-18-2012 at 04:15 AM..
· Monkey Business – Discover Hurk, a new memorable character and quest giver, and his four unique missions (1 hour additional gameplay).
· The Lost Expeditions -Two suspenseful action packed missions totaling over 40 minutes of additional gameplay and an exclusive weapon (The Japanese gun).
· The Hunter Pack – The M700 hunting rifle and its three collector’s skins.
· The Warrior Pack – A handcrafted dagger and two exclusive tribal tattoos.
· The Predator Pack – Four exclusive rare predators and a multiplayer bow.
· An ‘Insanity Guide’ containing hints and tips to help you survive the island.
A bow! Good thing I only care about the campaign so it should be available there. And looks like there will be animals to hunt for quests I presume. But I don't think we'll have this edition in the US since Ubisoft is piece-dealing the DLC to retailers for pre-orders (stupid).
Would be the cool if the island's doctor gave you "animal scent" in like glass grenades to toss in an area to use the predators on the enemy.
Last edited by Nikzilla90; 05-23-2012 at 01:04 PM..
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.