I like this idea, despite the arguments against it. I recently went through my dog getting out of my back yard, and I can tell you that some people hold onto a dog, trying to find the owner themselves without bothering to check with vets or shelters. I see this as one more tool to help, so thanks OP.
The deal seems to be "done" ...the page now says sold out...but a friend also pointed me to this page on she found on their FB...links to a $1 tag (same one I think?) plus shipping...I think it comes out to $3. In case anyone missed out on the $2 deal. https://www.pethub.com/node/176470
1. No, most pets are NOT microchipped. Most pure or designer breeds are. Shelters and
agencies are just now starting to chip as part of adopting out.
2. For the most part there is no "basic membership" for the chip. You have to pay the yearly
3. There is still some issues with chips and readers. More than a few chip makers felt or feel the need to encrypt. Meaning, if you don't have THEIR scanner, sucks to be you. You won't be reading the info on that chip.
4. Amount of databases. Assuming the shelter or vet will know which database YOUR info is in is kinda stupid. With a tag to supplement that chip you can be sure to get your pet home ASAP.
5. You don't have to jam a massive needle into your pet for a tag.
6. Studies have lead some to believe there is health repercussions for implanting the chip. Cancer was one such issue. (No, I don't really believe that, but lots of folks do so *shrug*)
Four of mine are chipped. They still have tags and collars because if they yet again stage a breakout, I want them back ASAP. Friendly little terrors...I mean terriers have a habit of escaping and hauling arse. My dogs could be caged in Leavenworth or Alcatraz if there is a kid with a ball within 30 miles of them I swear to Jeebus they can be out and gone and yapping at the kid to kick the ball AGAIN before anybody noticed. The dog in my avatar especially worries me when he is out because everybody tries to keep him.
Got a rescue dog about 2 years ago and it was chipped and had a tattoo type mark on the belly. Not sure how accurate your statement is.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.