I filed for the Baby Einstein claim and never got anything from them. Has anyone ever gotten anything from a claim?
Maybe look into that and see if you can find the website with the info and contact them? I did get something like $15 from the Rice Krispies class action at the end of last year and I think I have gotten other ones as well but that's the only one I remember for sure I got something from the claim.
If you ordered these off of amazon (which is where a lot of the slickdeals FP deals were from for this product) as another poster suggested, use your invoice # from amazon as your proof of purchase
I dont believe in such lawsuits. fill the pockets of the lawyers.
Well, if that's your entire line of reasoning for not believing in it, you should know that there is actually a lot more to it than that.
1. The lawsuit is being initiated to punish the wrongdoing. - Check
2. The lawyers are doing all the work. Putting in all the hours to make sure this punishment occurs. - Check
3. The consumers that were harmed are the benefactors from the punishment (both the ones that were harmed by this company, and the ones that are not harmed by other companies because those companies were deterred by this action) - Check
4. Will the each lawyer individually make more money than each consumer individually? Absolutely.
5. Will each lawyer invest a hell of a lot more into the suit than each consumer? Absolutely.
6. Is the lawyer getting compensated for at least the amount of time spent? Yes.
7. Is the consumer getting compensated for at least the amount of the harm suffered (the amount of money spent on product times the amount of value lost by the miscalculation)? Most likely. Depends on how much the consumer purchased, and how much he was harmed by the fact that there may not have been quite as much vitamin C as promised (just throwing out an example, but you get the idea).
If you don't want in on the class action because the amount of money offered is not enough to make it worth filling out the paperwork, then I certainly don't blame you. But just because #7 on the list of benefits isn't up to par, or if you believe that #5 is unfair, it doesn't mean that the rest aren't functioning effectively.
I mean if people hate the fact that lawyers make money on this, then by all means take the company to small claims court over the same claims in the class action suit. Make sure you opt out of the suit, if necessary.
Or you can spend 10 minutes on paper work, however much on a stamp and then one day 4-40 weeks later get a check for something you otherwise wouldn't have gotten :p
I've purchased so much of this stuff. hundreds of dollars. If I have to go through amazon and find the proof of orders it's not worth it
Really? If you ordered through Amazon all you have to do is go to "Your Orders", put Vita Coco in the "Search your orders" box and print off a pdf of an order or orders totaling $25. That's about as simple as it can get to get $25 back.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.