Help me find a deal (updated 11/02/2011) READ Me *BEFORE* asking for help :)
Search the forum. If someone has taken the time to write a helpful response only the day before or last week, its probably not very likely they'll do it again. If you do find a thread very similar go ahead and post there. It will bring that thread to the front and you can ask for more information specific to your requirements.
Post as much information as you possibly can. Anything at all that can be related is helpful. Examples are budget, how long you have to buy it, minimum requirements. If its a vague item like a laptop or digital camera, at least post what you are going to use it for so we have an idea what to recommend.
Please make sure you've done some research before asking for our help (both here and on the internet). Let us know the best price you've found so far, or what features on an item are/are not important to you. You're asking for our help, so the more info you can provide the better it'll be for everyone!
No requests to buy or sell items to people here. Try places like ebay or craigslist.org which is set up for that sort of thing.
A few suggestions for questions you should answer (at least some of them) before asking to help you find a laptop. Thanks damnyou
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Ultraportable; 12" screen or less
b. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
c. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
d. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
4) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook?
5) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
6) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
7) How many hours of battery life do you need?
8) Do you mind buying online without seeing the notebook in person?
9) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
1) Would you prefer standard or widescreen?
2) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer?
a. XGA -1024x768 - Large and easy to read text + graphics icons, but you fit less stuff on the screen.
b. SXGA - 1400x1050 - Compromise resolution between XGA and UXGA.
c. UXGA - 1600x1200 - Very small text and graphics icons, you can fit lots of stuff on the screen.
d. WXGA or WXGA+ - 1280x768/800 or 1440x900; Wider viewing version of XGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
e. WSXGA+ - 1680x1050; Wider viewing version of SXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
f. WUXGA - 1920x1200; Wider viewing version of UXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
3) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
1) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
2) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
1) How much hard drive space do you want; 40GB to 200GB?
2) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD, Blu-Ray or HD-DVD drive?
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.