Thread DetailsLast Edited by the.J129 June 23, 2012 at 06:30 PM
So I figured, I could do a road-trip- Boston-hartford-NYC-Philadelphia-Washington DC.
And I'm trying to squeeze in the best of everything. Once she finishes her doctorate, she plans to move here anyway, so she is going to get more chances to explore New England properly.
But I was hoping for suggestions for some rare treats along the way that are not usually advertised on the travel websites.
This is gist of what I've come up with so far-
- Boston- Quincy, the boat ride along the coastline, Freedom Trail, Cambridge.
- CT- Hartford, Mark Twain's house, Groton-USS Nautilus, Mystic- the aquarium.
- NYC- the usual- Central Park, Times Square, SoHo, United nations, Statue of Liberty.
- (6 flags and Atlantic city if time permits)
- Philadelphia- a whole bunch of museums, the rocky steps at the Museum of Art, Liberty bell, Philadelphia Cheese steak, Longwood gardens
- A visit to Centralia (the place Silent Hill is based on)
- Skydiving (Groupon deal bought)
- Washington DC- Smithsonian museums, White House, Lincoln Memorial (that entire area), Georgetown.