If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the product and packaging, along with the receipt, if possible, to your local Costco warehouse.[/QUOTE]
I am hoping they will help with our sectional Canby that is just a year old. The couches are not holding up. I have kids that are away at college most of the year and one high school kid who is not big or rough on the couches. The support is giving out in the ottoman and some of the couch sections. I contacted Costco and they had a company call me. The company referred me to the warrantee and repair group who has not returned my call in over a week. Monday I will call again trying to reach them. So far I am not impressed by the couch (and I loved it for the first six months). The lack of response from the warranty company is disappointing but COSTCO has been very responsive.
My husband and I purchased this set the end of July. So far we love it. We purchased a small sectional from IKEA at the same time for our kids play room. I thought the IKEA one wasn't too bad to sit on, but once we got these in the IKEA couch feels like a rock. These are very soft and durable. We have a toddler and a baby and they wipe down very easy. We also have two cats and a previous poster said cat hair and lint stuck. We have not had any issues with that. The couch has hooks to link them together, but the ottomans don't. We just moved them around yesterday for a football party and they unhooked very easy. I did notice that there is a spot of stitching that looks like the manufacturer had an issue with so I am contacting Costco today about how to get it replaced. Hopefully they can do something. All in all, we love these couches and are very happy we bought them.
Did Costc fix your problem? After having used the couch for about two weeks, one of the backs of a section just cracked when my 190 pound husband sat down. I would think that the warranty would cover something like that, but I don't want to get dragged through hell to have it fixed. Was Costco helpful in repairing your problem?
I have been trying to find a site that would see extra pieces to make a even bigger sectional with this set. Anyone offer any help?
At costco, many of the pieces are sold individually in different boxes. Just pick up extra boxes of the section you like to extend it.
My boyfriend and I bought the couch 4 months ago. Overall I'd say this is a good purchase if you're on a budget and need a couch that fits many people and looks good. If you want a really good quality, long-lasting couch. This is not it. We constantly worry about breaking it or being too rough with it.
4 months into it, here are our problems with the couch:
- Boyfriend is 6'1'' and he wishes the seat cushions were a little deeper for his long legs
- Two of the seat cushions are permanently saggy because we sit in those spots a lot
- I am 5'1'' and the back cushions only go up a little past my shoulders- no neck support unless you slouch when sitting
- One of the seams on the top of the seat cushions have popped apart so we'll have to sew it back together
- The wooden frame for one of the back cushions broke a few weeks after purchase just from my boyfriend leaning back on the couch. This can be prevented if the couch is flush against the wall so the back doesn't flex when you lean back on it. It was 2-3 in from the wall when it broke. Keep in mind that he is 180 lbs and i am 100 lbs.
- Wooden frame that is a part of a different back cushion is dented in- we are expecting it to break some time in the future.
- Metal connectors for the seats are a pain in the butt to unhook if you need to separate the unit.
Here are the things we love about it:
- Moving the ottomans will quickly turn it into a nice, oversided couch/bed hybrid. Good for movie nights
- We've spilled red wine and only had to gently wipe it off. No stains from that AT ALL.
- Firm, but comfy
- Doesn't slide around because of metal connectors.
- Sections are very easy to carry and move around even if you're doing it alone
- Relatively cheap.
- Stylish, modern look
HoaT - have you tried to see if Costco will replace just those broken pieces for you?
Thanks everyone for your feedback. Also considering this couch. Sounds like it is generally OK for 6 months, but then at the ~1 year point it doesn't hold up well. Any more updates from longer term owners?
Luke's Mom, I was wondering how the couch is holding up these days?? I've read that some people experienced flattening and sagging. I also have a nine year old, so concerned his touchdown dives into the couch could cause problems. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.