"A letter from an insurance company (+ 1 copy) stating that you will be covered for any medical, hospitalization and repatriation expenses (the three words must be written) for at least $45,000 during your stay in the Schengen countries. If your current insurance company does not provide such a coverage, please find an international insurance company (and ask for the letter mentioned above with the three words)"
Some details about my trip.
- I'm NOT an American citizen. I have a green card.
- I DON'T have medical insurance.
- I will be flying to Europe for roughly a month, and spending about 2 weeks in U.K and about 10 days in France and Rome.
- I have already received the U.K visa.
- This trip is in December. 12/1 - 12/24
- I reside in CT.
- Do any of you have any experience using any of these websites?
- InsuBuy was particularly cheap, with no deductible and I'm always wary when something sounds too good to be true, because it showed me costs of around $30 for $100k coverage. Any ideas/suggestions?
- How do I go about convincing these insurance companies to give me a letter that states those exact three words that the French embassy are lusting after?
- What's the difference between Travel Insurance and just medical insurance? Does Travel Insurance INCLUDE medical insurance? Any good websites that offer this? I have the AMEX platinum card that I'm going to use for insurance for baggage etc.
- If I did need them (God Forbid) how would these medical insurances work anyway? I pay for the treatment and they'd reimburse me?