AT&T iPhone Unlock via Online Form
Deal DetailsLast Edited by widgit September 7, 2012 at 08:46 PM
Quote :● A current AT&T customer or a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
● The iPhone was designed for use on AT&T's network
● All contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied
● The iPhone has not been reported lost or stolen.
AT&T will unlock an iPhone under the following circumstances:
The person requesting the unlock is:
- a current AT&T customer or
- a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
- The iPhone was designed for use on AT&T's network;
- All contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied; and
- The iPhone has not been reported lost or stolen.
Credit to carigis for this info:
Pros - use it on another carrier, or even in another country.
Increase your resale value if you want to sell the phone and increase your resale market.
New carrier may be half the price.. Monthly saving you thousands over time. And not requiring you to unlock manually every software release update and wait or the unlock for months before you can upgrade. If your baseband is even supported..
A phone should be unlocked after contract. And AT&T not unlocking it for last three years even after you completed your contract. was just sleazy.
other then your new carrier, yes tmobile for instance.. may not support the data bands and your stuck with 2g until they finish refarming thier network in 2013.
NO NEED TO RESTORE the PHONE..
The following trick worked for me, it worked for others too.. try this first before RESTORING....
Quote :I ended up unlocking my phone which is still in contract for $5 on ebay. Btw, you don't need to restore the phone for the actual unlock as I pleasantly found out. Just make sure you are on wifi, pop in a sim for a carrier other than ATT and reboot, the phone will contact apple and unlock the phone. This is on 5.1.1. (Credit goes to the trick poster...thadiyan)