what kind of ebay unlocked you got on ebay? Gevey sim?
didnt work for me, att just ignored me. After the 5-7 biz days, i went to ebay to get it unlocked for $10, took 8 hrs
My eBay unlock cost $26 and $30, but it took like 10min.
I just sorted by lowest price and looked for the one with highest rating.
I was skeptical at first since it normally costs like $80+ from a store or a website dedicated to unlocking iPhones.
"Even if Amazon farts, it will have the potential to be a Front Page deal "
Can you please tell me how you did it on ebay through PM? I really need it, because I was refused too. thanks.
You can search on eBay for "iphone 4 factory unlock". When you buy the auction you give them your IMEI and any extra info they ask for (usually IMEI and maybe e-mail is what they ask for). They should have the instructions on what to do afterwards.
The process is from what I remember:
1) I used buy it now on the auction so I didn't have to wait for it to end.
2) The seller sent me a link to a website where I enter my iPhone 4's IMEI. I get a confirmation e-mail that I filled it out.
3) About 10 minutes later (some say it can take up to 3 days) I got an e-mail that said my phone was unlocked.
4) Make sure there's no SIM card in the iPhone.
5) Using iTunes, RESTORE the iPhone (you will lose all your data. preferably don't use the backup on the computer. just use the iCloud backup data after you add all your apps back manually.)
6) After the long process of downloading the newest iOS version and restoring your iPhone it will tell you something like There's no SIM card in your phone. Please insert a SIM card. That's when you insert your Micro SIM and continue with the restore.
7) Your phone should then be unlocked.
I think this is how the AT&T unlock works as well, but just without the buying off eBay part.
Also, I suggest you do a hard reset on the phone after you install all your apps and get everything set up. I originally had really poor battery life until I did a hard reset. I think one of my apps was stuck in some install loop since I installed like 20 things at once and it just used up the battery.
HOLD the top POWER button and the HOME button at the same time for about 10 seconds. You'll see the Slide to Power Off come up. Keep holding the 2 buttons. The screen will turn black. Keep holding the 2 buttons. The Apple logo with come up to show it's rebooting. You can now release the 2 buttons.
If it's LOCKED to a carrier you can only use it on their network.
So if your phone is locked to AT&T, but you want to use it on T-Mobile, a pre-paid carrier that isn't AT&T based, or you're going overseas and want to use it there, then you need to UNLOCK the phone so that it will allow you to use SIM cards from other carriers.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.