Thread DetailsLast Edited by WBBell September 6, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Post 'em here!
I'll kick it off. It looks like the "Earn 10 points for every $1 spent" from the test market has been left out of the nationwide program ??
Balance Rewards Terms and Conditions [walgreens.com]
Balance Rewards FAQ [walgreens.com]
- Receive points on certain promoted items
- Receive 500 points per Rx filled
- Receive 20 points for every mile walked/run under the Walk/Run with Walgreens program and 20 points per daily weigh-in. (Walgreens defines 1 mile as 2,000 steps; max 1000 points/month); Limit 20 points per mile, 1,000 points per month. Limit 20 points per log, one log per day.
- Occasionally, there is a promo for overall spend (i.e., Spend $75 get 10,000 points)
- If you sign up on the website, you will not automatically be sent a card.
- A physical card is not required, though it will probably make your transactions go faster.
- If you do not have a card, then you will use your phone number.
- Pick up a card at any store and they can link the card to your account.
Availability of Points:
- Points are credited immediately and you can use them on your next transaction - unless the system is “Offline” - but Offline has not been reported since launch week.
- After any transaction, tell the cashier you want to redeem points. You will then make a selection on the PIN pad. The value is credited to your transaction instantly.
- Redemption Value is like cash; it does not reduce your sales tax; however it can be used to pay the sales tax.
- Official Point redemption Levels: 5000 ($5), 10000 ($10), 18000 ($20), 30000 ($35), 40000 ($50). These levels will appear on the pin-pad.
- Semi-official: 1000 ($1), 2000 ($2), 3000 ($3). These choices are not available on the pin pad. The cashier will have to press Redeem Points on the screen.
Other items of interest:
- Card is required to get the sale prices. In-Ad Coupons (also known as IVC) will require both card and coupon.
- Points offers are apparently unlimited unless stated in the ad.
- Register Reward program is unchanged for now. Card is not required to get RR or redeem RR, but is required to get any sale price.
- If an offer says buy X get Y points, you can buy multiple X in the same transaction and get multiple Y points.
- If an offer says buy X or more, get Y points, then you will only get Y points no matter how many X you buy. (But, some exceptions have been reported.)
- The periodic $/$$ coupons ($5 off $25, $10 off $35) will affect proportionally "buy $X get Y points" deals.
- Adding items to cart on walgreens.com is a very handy way to evaluate how many points you will receive for any given items.
Restrictions and other worries:
- Using any amount of points value or store credit card (W card) to pay means no points earned for any items in your ENTIRE transaction.*
- Card can be scanned about 20 times per day. Beyond that will require a manager override.
- Points can't be earned on the standard list of excluded items (alcohol; dairy; tobacco; stamps; phone/prepaid cards; etc.)
- Points can’t be spent on the same standard list of excluded items, including prescriptions
- No points on prescriptions in AR, NJ, NY; instead you get 10 points per $1 spent on certain OTC medications
- Returning items will result in deduction of any points awarded for that item.
- Returning items that were part of a Buy $X get Y points type deal, even if only one small item, will cause all Y points to be deducted.
- System will not allow points to be used to purchase gift card.
- Account must have activity every 6 months or all points are forfeited; a $.10 filler item purchase will preserve points balance. Points and rewards expire three years after they are earned or if an account has been inactive for 6 months.
* Exception: In Dec 2012, there was a deal where you earned 2500 if you spent 10000. This was a specific exception to the rule that was promoted in the store.
Program features that have been eliminated or changed:
- The Test Market program offered 10 points for every dollar spent. This feature was removed from the national program.
- The Test Market offered deals of the form "Receive 10x Bonus Points" on certain items. This went away too.
- The Test Market had a catalog of prizes for which you could redeem your points. This was also removed.
- The Test Market had a feature called a "Clipless Coupon". This was a nice feature where you got the IVC prices without needing to present the IVC. Also gone.
- The National Program, at launch, had a feature where you could redeem more points value than your amount due. For instance, you can redeem $20 worth of points on a $19.93 transaction and eat the seven cents. This was handy in some scenarios. This feature was removed in 5/2013.
To sign up online:
- Can use phone number provided during signup at register
- If you forgot to scan your card, login to the walgreens site and enter them there. You supply the RFN# from your receipt. For amount you should supply TOTAL + MFG COUPON SAVINGS.
- Manager can scan a 500 point bar code to make up for missing transaction points.