Thread DetailsLast Edited by widgit November 22, 2012 at 03:41 AM
Information is limited for now, but here are the highlights:
$25.00 statement credit
"We are helping customers find you by placing all American Express small merchants on an online map so they can shop small at your business."
The map feature sounds like it will eliminate confusion over what businesses qualify for the offer. I'm not sure if they've had that in the past or not.
This has been posted in hot deals in past years, so that's where I put it again.
Register here (direct link): https://enroll.amexnetw
if it doesn't work, go through here:https://www.americanexp
You should receive a confirmation email (Thank you for Enrolling for the Small Business Saturday(R) Offer) if your registration was successful. Save the email until you receive your $25 statement credit. After you decide which small business you will shop at (see Amex eligibility criteria #4 and 5 below) save (use prt sc and Paint program or other method) proof this small business is on Amex's list (see ShopSmall.com)--as last year when some members did not receive credit Amex told them the business they used was not eligible (by that time Amex had already removed the list for some locations).
Only CC will work. Gift cards, Prepaid cards including Serve, Bluebird, etc... will not work.
Serve cards are NOT eligible. I enrolled my MACYS American Express successfully.
There is an article about this here:
Find your answer from last year's thread:
Authorized users may get separate 25$
2. Determining which merchants are eligible for the $25 credit
Eligibility Criteria for $25 Credit (as of Nov 18):
4. Qualifying small business locations are those identified on the Shop Small(R) Map, available at ShopSmall.com. In addition, small business locations that accept American Express through Square also qualify and can be found on the Square Directory at https://squareup.com/directory/?cmpId=amex. Small business locations that do not appear on the Shop Small(R) Map or that do not accept American Express through Square will not qualify for the $25 statement credit offer. Please note that business location information provided on the Shop Small(R) Map and Square Directory may contain inaccuracies or errors, including as a result of information provided by third parties. Transactions with political campaigns or political action committees are not eligible, regardless of whether they appear on the Shop Small(R) Map or in the Square Directory.
5. If American Express does not receive information that identifies a transaction as having occurred in-store at a qualifying small business location, the transaction will not qualify for the statement credit. For example, the following transactions will not be eligible for the credit: transactions made using an electronic wallet or any other transaction made through a third party; and transactions not made directly with the merchant.
6 Regarding the SQUARE only from point #4; Noted from the second link near top, when clicked note disclaimer below the enroll button and map
"Small business locations that accept American Express through Square also qualify for the $25 statement credit offer but may not appear on this map. For information about small business locations that use Square, please visit the Square Directory"
This means they accept Square transactions also not only
The search function on Amex's website to find small businesses in your area does NOT work as one would expect. It searches for businesses that BEGIN with your search term. For example, if you search for "wireless" it will return stores that begin with wireless like "Wireless Shop" and "Wireless City" but it won't find a store that's named "City Wireless".
Do NOT rely on the shopsmall site to give you accurate information. Around my area there are a number of Chinese restaurants listed that do not accept Amex. I don't know why they're on there then - maybe they used to take it. Be sure to call the location you are planning on visiting to see if they accept AMEX cards. It would suck to get there, have a nice meal or whatever and then get turned down on using your card.
Free Gas. Check to see if your local Gas station is listed on the Amex Map. Confirmed my local Shell is on there. Make sure to go inside and have them charge at least $25. Woohoo!
PLEASE add ONLINE OPTIONS here:
None so far... apparently
3. Determining if your transaction was eligible for the $25 credit
- Verified 2012. It has been reported on this board that you will get an email confirmation from AMEX after a successful and eligible $25 purchase
- Verified 2012. It has worked for Authorized Users cards as well, with confirmation email
- Verified 2012 The following co-branded AMEX have received confirmation email: Fidelity (FIA), Virgin Atlantic (BoA), PenFed Travel Amex, Macy's AMEX, Bloomingdale's AMEX PLEASE ADD MORE TO THE WIKI IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED CONFIRMATION
If you have co-branded AMEX and did not receive credit, please edit this part of the wiki on how to contact AMEX to fix it.
Example of email confirmation
Title: Thank you for Shopping Small
Text: Thank you for using your enrolled Card ending in XXXX and for supporting Small Business Saturday
Email confirmations can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few days. Sometimes, you may never get an email, but you will still see the 25 dollars credited on your statement. So, relax people! According to multiple posts on Nov 24 (Sat), the AMEX email system was down. However, on Nov 25 (Sun), multiple people have reported receiving the email for all their cards...
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here