I've been doing my own research about getting pay-TV, but I just can't seem to get in my price point. Maybe you guys know of a deal that I don't in CA:
1. CANNOT be Comcast. I have a weird plan via Comcast for Internet and it's not worth having a new service added and the previous grandfathered plan removed and trying to get it back again (happened once, took forever to get back).
2. Need the following channels: Food Network, HGTV, ESPN. Would like the following channels: The Cooking Channel (if not, no big deal), FX, TBS
3. One HD receiver, one regular/standard receiver. I don't want to have to pay a monthly service fee or rental for these items. This is a deal breaker: if there must be fees, I'd rather go another less savory route.
4. Price: No more than $25/mo (really max, is $30). I know it'll be bumped up by a bit more because of tax.
5. No additional services or bundles needed.
So far, the best I've been able to come up with is $24.99 via Dish for 1 year, then $44.95 (sigh) afterwards. DirectTV has $29.99/1 year, then $44.95 afterwards (but more channels).
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.