*UPDATE 10/21 - EIGHT LICENSE KEYS* Windows 8 Professional, Windows Server 2012, VS 2012 Ultimate + more FREE with $42/$32 student membership to ACM/IEEE
...The bold part is the product code from IEEE
Inspired by the original thread back when Windows 7 was released (http://archive.slickde
MSDNAA aka Dreamspark Premium is available free of charge for all members of IEEE and ACM. ANYONE CAN JOIN! I understand that some schools already provide free access to Dreamspark Premium, but those of us who don't can join these organizations instead!
Student membership fees:
IEEE - $16 half-year (people are reporting that you currently must pay the $32 full-year membership right now) http://www.ieee.org/membership_se..
MSDNAA Page: http://msdn04.e-academy.com/ieee_cs_r9
ACM - $42 http://www.acm.org/membership/dues
MSDNAA Page: http://msdn01.e-academy.com/ACM
When registering for ACM, you'll see a warning about Windows 7 which originated due to the last thread. Just ignore it. Windows 8 is new and just recently available through ACM's MSDNAA access.
It takes about 4-5 business days to get full access after paying for membership. I've already downloaded and confirmed working installations of two free full versions of both Windows 8 Professional and Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate using memberships from both organizations. There is also tons of other MS software available such as Windows Server 2012.
Additional membership instructions:
**NOTE**: ACM signups usually get their MSDNAA login within 2 days. IEEE signups take up to 8 days. See note below.
ACM Typical Sign up Timeline
**NOTE**: ACM is cracking down on Student Status. No problem, If you want to join just fill out the requested information with a legit or seemly legit input
- sign up and ACM will send you log-in information
- You will be asked to enter your Faculty Advisor and Student ID in your Student Profile for verification purposes.
- then you will have to wait till ACM lets you opt-in for MSDNAA membership --- it will take approx. 1 to 2 days --- to check if you can "opt-in", log in to "MyACM" and under the "My Services" tab you will find a light blue box saying "Access ACM’s Student Academic Initiative (SAI) Programs: Developer Academic Alliance (formerly MSDN AA), Sun Academic Initiative, and CA Academic Initiative" --- click on "Developer Academic Alliance" link in this box and if ACM has already processed your payment, you will be able to "opt-in" (however, you do not have to wait for the payment processed email ACM will sent you)
- once you "opt-in", MSDNAA will send you their log-in info within 24 hours (check your junk mail folder - my email was buried in junk)
- once you got your MSDNAA login info, you will be able to log-in here http://e5.onthehub.com/WebStore/P...897&vsro=8 and download your software
IEEE Typical Sign up Timeline
Within approximately 8 days of your renewal and payment being processed or your new application being processed and accepted, a separate e-mail with user account and login information to access your free software will be sent to the e-mail address on your IEEE record. Please make sure you provide your e-mail address because that is the only way you will receive information about the offer.
- sign up
- wait <8 days
- get an email from MSDNAA
Since people are asking, you get TWO license key for Windows 8 from IEEE (I managed to get one for English and one for French, which can still be used on any language), and ONE license from ACM (only English available). They don't have the 10+ license keys available like last time.
And, YES this is the same exact FULL VERSION of Windows 8 which comes out later this month.