Banana Republic visa credit card 200 bonus points for non BR brand purchase
Thread DetailsLast Edited by CafeAngel October 29, 2012 at 09:08 PM
"Earn 200 bonus points with every purchase outside our brands" November 1 to December 31, 2012.
Seems like there was one exact same deal last year.
Some questions for experienced veterans:
1. What's the maximum point earned for last promotion? In the previous thread I saw 400,000 points!
2. Will there be any risk that my BR account being closed because I am too greedy?
3. What's the minimum transaction amount in order to get the reward? Does Amazon $0.15 gift card count?
* The offer is targeted. If you did not get a notice, you cannot participate.
* The card itself locks after > 20 transactions a day. You then have to call in to unlock. I have been successful this year with exactly 20 transactions a day. A "day" is a rolling 24 hour period so if you do one transaction at say 9am in one given timezone you can do another 19 transaction until 8:59am the next day same time zone and then your counter resets to 20
* There is no minimum transaction size. Transactions of $0.01 qualify as a purchase.
* Transaction must *post* to your account by 12/31/2012, suggesting a period of probably at best 60 days to run. 60 days x 20 transactions x 200 bonus points = 240,000 points or $2,400 in Banana Republic certificates
* Certificates can be used at all BR brands (BR, Gap, Old Navy, Athleta etc)
* Certificates are sent with a maximum of $250 per month (five $50 certificates). Excess over this amount was eventually sent out over the following months.
Suggestions on sites to take advantage of the deal:
* Amazon.com - Your Amazon account locks out after 10 transactions the 1st time. The 2nd time, it will lock after 5 transactions. The only way to reactivate your account it to call an Amazon CSR and speak to an Account Specialist. Reactivation can take over 24 hours.
* Dish Network - Unlimited bill payments allowed (minimum payment $0.01)
* Verizon - Unlimited bill payments allowed (minimum payment $1.00)
* Sprint - Unlimited bill payments allowed (minimum payment $1.00)
* Metro PCS - Maximum of 3 bill payments allowed through their payment company (Bill Matrix)