I wonder, can't this be abused kind of? Like say there is an item with a mail-in rebate. You buy the item with the rebate and then pricematch to an item that the rebate is isntantly deducted.
Or for example buy a cellphone directly through a carrier and then pricematch to a 3rd party like wirefly? I know it says no "Cell phone service agreements and cell phone contracts." but says nothing about the phone itself.
* Items purchased in violation of the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
* Any items that are sold for a price above the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP"). MSRP means the price at which a manufacturer suggests its product be sold to retail buyers
* Any price difference resulting from taxes, shipping, handling, registration, transportation or other miscellaneous fees.
* Animals and living plants.
* Boats, automobiles, and any other motorized vehicles (other than lawn equipment) and their motors, equipment, or accessories.
* Cell phone service agreements and cell phone contracts.
* Items purchased for resale.
* Jewelry, antiques, and collectible items, rare or one-of-a-kind items, special order items, custom items, or tailored items.
* Manufacturer and/or merchant rebates.
* Perishables, services, and limited-life items including, but not limited to, rechargeable batteries.
* Traveler's checks, cash, tickets other than airline tickets as noted below, credit or debit cards, and any other negotiable instruments
* Items purchased outside of the United States or its territories.
* Previously owned, sold "as is," and refurbished items.
* Items purchased on Thanksgiving, Black Friday or Cyber Monday, or advertised for sale only on these specific dates
* In the case of airline tickets, you will be covered if:
- The ticket is for the same flight (airline, date, and time)
- The advertised price is available for purchase on the airline's web page
- The lower price for the ticket is available within 7 days of the initial ticket purchase
* Airline tickets also have a $250 limit per ticket ... and a $1000 annual limit. Multiple airline tickets purchased by you and your immediate family for the same flight will be treated as one item. (i.e. the maximum payment is $250 for all the tickets, not $250 for each ticket)
Also the citi card is the only credit card that can do this. You register an item on the website and they track that item and if it goes on sale for a cheaper price they send you a refund check. As opposed to on chase you have to call them and tell them you found a lower price and send documentation, citi dose the work for you.
Some fine points from the price match PDF.
If you buy an eligible item with your PayPal account in the United States between November 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012 and then see a lower price in a Printed Advertisement from any retail store or a Non-Auction Internet Advertisement within thirty (30) days of the original purchase date, file a valid benefit request within ten (10) days of seeing the advertisement and we will refund the difference up to $250.00 per item. This benefit is limited to $1,000.00 during the promotional period per accountholder’s eligible account.
The Price Match benefit does not apply to advertisements for close-out sales, flea markets, fire sales, cash-only sales, limited quantity promotions, liquidation sales, going-out-of-business sales, seasonal sales, door busters, Auctions, and sales valid for less than one day.
If multiples of the same item are purchased, they will be considered one item and subject to the $250.00 per item limit.
Note it said
"The Price Match benefit does not apply to advertisements for close-out sales, flea markets, fire sales, cash-only sales, limited quantity promotions, liquidation sales, going-out-of-business sales, seasonal sales, door busters, Auctions, and sales valid for less than one day."
It will be very time consuming to get PM from them. Please beware one bad thing about using your credit to pay through them is that you have to go through them first to dispute if there's any problem with the merchant. If you just go straight to your CC and win a chargeback, they may suspend your account. It's stated somewhere in their terms.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.