Thread DetailsLast Edited by cosdeals November 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Rebate offer: 12-28680
Purchase must be made now through November 24 (weekly ad [staples.com])
In store ONLY!
Rebate Offer and LIMITS - clarified:
(confirmed by Parago and Staples customer support email/chat, see timeline below for links)
- -You get $15 in Staples Gift Cards for each $100 worth of Visa/MC you buy.
- -Rebate maximum limit (per household) is:
- Buy $1000 in Visa or Mastercard gift cards.
- Receive $150 Staples Gift Card
- Doesn't matter what denomination ($50 or $100 or $200) Visa/MC cards you buy.
- Doesn't matter how many cards you buy per transaction.
- -Limit is per household address.
- Let's say you have 3 people in your address and each of the three buys $1000 in giftcards. Only one gift card rebate will be mailed and the other 2 person's rebates will be DENIED!
Official (ambiguous) wording:
Quote :Promotion: Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on Purchase of $100 or more on Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples Stores Only
Rebate Reward: $15.00 Gift Card
Valid Dates: 11-11-2012 through 11-24-2012
Postmark Date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Purchase must be made between 11/11/12 and 11/24/12. Requests MUST be submitted online or postmarked within 60 days from date of purchase. To submit online go to www.stapleseasyrebates.com and follow the instructions. To mail rebate STAPLES STORE PURCHASE: Send ONLY the completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form printed from the cash register, the ORIGINAL submission form printed from www.stapleseasyrebates.com, or the ORIGINAL PDF submission form provided by a Staples store. Photocopies not accepted. Offer valid in US only. Good for actual purchases by end users; excludes resellers and distributors of products and their families. You should receive your Staples Gift Card within 4-6 weeks after claim is received. Staples Gift Cards may be used toward the purchase of merchandise and services only at a Staples U.S. retail store. For balance, or if you have questions about your Staples Gift Card, call 1-888-609-6963 or visit staples.com/giftcards. Value can be added to this card at any Staples U.S. retail store. See Staples Gift Card for complete terms and conditions. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and illegible entries. Staples logo and product names are trademarks of Staples and their respective companies. Limit 10 Staples Gift Cards per name/address/household. For questions or a status inquiry about this rebate offer call 1-877-266-6483. Fraudulent submission of multiple requests could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, Section 1341 & 1342). Keep a copy of your documents for future reference.
Additional Information: Purchase $100 or more on Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples stores between 11/11/12 and 11/24/12, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Staples Gift Card. Limit 10 Staples Gift Cards per name/address/household.
Mail this form and the proof of purchase (listed in the promotion details) to the following address:
STAPLES ( Dept. 12-28680 ),
PO Box 540036
EL PASO, TX 88554-0036
Please allow 4 - 6 weeks after we receive your submission to receive your rebate. Offers requiring activation and/or service agreements may take longer. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions portion of each particular offer for specific details.
Staples gift cards:
(this will be your rebate reward):
- are accepted ONLY IN STORE - not on phone or online.
- cannot be used to buy any type of gift card found in Staples stores.
Visa / Mastercard gift cards:
(this is what you're buying for the rebate)
- -Purchasing Visa/MC gift cards, does NOT count towards Staples Premier Status.
- -Using a Visa/MC gift card, to pay for another one:
- It is against store policy to use any gift cards to buy other gift cards (some stores are even denying the use of any credit cards to buy gift cards).
- However, the system will accept the transaction, if your cashier lets you, and many have had success (YMMV).
- If paying with credit card, if your total is over $500, the transaction will require a manager to approve the transaction, which will bring additional attention to the purchase.
Cashing out $1000 of the Visa/MC cards with NO FEES:
- via Amazon Payments (AP) (Requires SSN)
- you need 2 AP accounts (different names/social security number, but can be same address. There is no credit report pull.) - create AP account [amazon.com]
- register your cards at www.giftcardmall.com/mygift [giftcardmall.com] in the name/address of AP account#1.
- Log into AP account #1
- go to "Edit my account settings"
- go to "Add, edit, or delete my credit cards [amazon.com]"
- add your cards that you registered earlier at giftcardmall
- go to "Send Money [amazon.com]" and send it to AP account #2.
- It will ask you if "cash advance" or "purchase". Select PURCHASE.
- It will ask you what amount and what card to fund the transfer with. Select maximum amount on your card (ie:$200)
- Do the above for each card. For example if you added five $200cards, do 5 transfers, each of $200
- To withdraw, you need to add a bank account and verify it, to account #2.
- Maximum amount you can receive or send is $1000 per month.
- There are no fees for personal AP accounts (only for business AP accounts)
- via Amex Serve (Serve)
- register your cards at www.giftcardmall.com/mygift [giftcardmall.com] in the name/address of your Serve account. If you have an apt. number, it is suggested you leave it blank.
- Log in to Serve account
- goto "My account" > "Bank and Cards [serve.com]"
- link a new DEBIT card
- enter your Visa gift card, and details exactly as you entered them when you registered on giftcardmall.com. If you have an apt. number, it is suggested you blank out the "Address Line 2 (optional)" line.
- Once you linked your card successfully, you can click on ADD button [serve.com] on the left side of your Serve screen, and fund it from your linked Visa Debit Gift card.
- The money should be available instantly to your serve account.
- You can send money money to another Serve account , or withdraw it to your bank account (i believe limit is $200 per day?)
- You can also use your Serve card to pay merchants, and have it withdraw from the Visa gift card you attached to your serve account. For example use it to buy another Visa Gift Card from Staples.
- Fees are waived until March 13.
- Warning: Serve frowns upon linking a credit card and withdrawing to bank account and has been reported to issue warnings, and/or close serve accounts.
- via Amazon Payments (AP) (Requires SSN)
Buying five $200 Visa cards in one transaction:
(maxing out the rebate in one transaction)
- You will pay $1034.75.
- If you pay with credit card, because the amount is more than $500, a manager will need to come to the register to authorize it (which is normal procedure).
- The register will print a Redemption Form, showing that you bought five $200 Visa cards. But "Rebates you're eligible for using this rebate redemption form" will only show 1. It means your receipt is eligible for "one" of staples current rebates. Again, this is fine.
- Submit Staples Easy Rebate online. Your rebate status typically won't be updated for several hours. So for several hours you won't see what you qualify for. Usually you get an e-mail with subject "Thanks for submitting your rebate!"
- Later (usually you get an e-mail with subject "Update! Your rebate is being processed"), you should see the attached status, showing that you qualify for "Staples Gift Card for $150.00".
- rebate status will say: Quote :Rebate 1:
Rebate Offer: 12-28680
Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on Purchase of $100 or more on Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples Stores Only
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
Validation in progress. * Staples Gift Card for $150.00
Nov 11, 2012:
Promotion is live.
Limits and rewards are not clear based on official wording of the rebate.
Many people start experimenting - buying Visa/MC cards in different denominations and, upon submitting their receipt discover that:
- -denominations other than $100 Visa or $100 MC, work for rebate as well
- -buying $100 Visa or MC produces $15 Staples Gift Card rebate
- -buying $200 Visa produces $30 Staples Gift Card rebate.
Great news! The $200 Visa has only $6.95 activation fee.
Only $1 more than the $100 Visa, but double the reward.
- -buying 2 x $200 Visa in one transaction produces $75 Staples Gift Card rebate (glitch, mistake), instead of expected $60
- -buying 3 x $200 Visa in one transaction produces $135 Staples Gift Card rebate (glitch, mistake), instead of expected $90
- -buying 4 x $200 Visa in one transaction produces $150 Staples Gift Card rebate (glitch, mistake), instead of expected $120
- -buying 5 x $200 Visa in one transaction produces $150 Staples Gift Card rebate
Nov 12 - Nov 18:
- -Poor rebate wording causes a lot of confusion about the limits. Nobody really knows the limits.
- -A lot of speculation and discussion takes place, about the glitch and supposed limits, and whether or not Staples will fix it and adjust the rebates.
- -It is advised that you should do 2 transactions to max the rebate limit potential, based on the glitch, and unclear rebate wording regarding limit and reward...
TRANS 1: 3x$200 Visa cards (pay $21 activation fee, and maybe receive $135 Staples card)
TRANS 2: 2x$200 Visa cards (pay $14 activation fee, and maybe receive $75 Staples card)
- -someone contacts Parago (rebate company) customer support via email and asks if buying $200 Visa will result in $30 Staples Card rebate.
- -Parago confirms it - customer support email posted (thanks phazein)
Nov 19, 2012:
- Staples sends out emails to all customers who submitted rebates where the amount shown was wrongly calculated due to the glitch.
Quote from Staples email sent to customers :Dear Valued Staples Customer,
We have identified you as one of the consumers who may have visited the
Staples Easy Rebate site to track your rebate. Upon tracking your
submission, you may have noticed that the value of your rebate might
have calculated incorrectly.
Please know that we are working to correct this issue. When you
receive your Staples gift card in the mail, it will be loaded with
the correct reward value.
We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
As always, thanks for shopping at Staples.
Staples Rebate Team
- -more confirmation from Parago customer support (online chat) that buying 3 x $200 Visa results in $90 Staples Gift card reward. online chat posted thanks teamhurtado
- -FINALLY! A confirmation that maximum limit is $150 reward in Staples Gift cards, for buying $1000 in Visa or MC gift cards (regardless of denomination). staples online chat posted thanks stm69
Dec 1, 2012:
- Some people starting to report that their rebates show the corrected amount now (ie: $90 for buying 3x$200 Gift Cards) and confirming we will get $15 for each $100 bought.
- AMEX SERVE is locking accounts of people who added the Gift Cards and withdraw, and asking for copy of SSN and copy of front and back of "all credit/debit" cards.