Deal DetailsPromoted 11-18-2012 at 05:15 PM View Original Post
Price Research: Our research indicates that TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router w/ 2x USB Ports is $30 lower (43% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices ranging from $69 to $82. - yuugotserved
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab
- Up to 300+300Mbps Wireless Data Rates
- 1 x 10/100/1000M WAN; 4 x 10/100/1000M LAN
Mail in Rebate
Alternatively: Newegg is offering same router Via eBay for $54.99. You may be able to use the Mail in rebate bringing the price down to $24.99, however need to confirm.
NewEgg via eBay
TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router $38.99 AR:
Here are my steps to put OpenWRT on this WDR3600 router.
I followed the post in openwrt forum https://forum.openwrt.o
NOTE:Browse to your existing router admin page or program and note down the following details, you might need them in step 15
- current IP address (not 192.xx.xx.xx)
- subnet mask
- gateway IP address
- router MAC address or clone MAC address
1. Downloaded the firmware for this router from http://www.gargoyle-router.com/do...actory.bin
2. renamed the downloaded file as gargoyle.bin
3. Connected router to the computer via ethernet cable
4. Browsed (on IE/FF) to 192.168.0.1
5. You will prompted for login use (admin/admin)
6. Click the link on the left menu that says something like "System"
7. Find and click "Firmware upgrade" link
8. In the Firmware upgrade page, click button that says something like "select file"
9. Select the file "gargoyle.bin" from step 2
10. Click "upgrade" button
11. Wait for about 5 mins
12. Browse on (FF/IE) to 192.168.1.1
13. You will be prompted for password, use "password" with out the quotes
14. You will be prompted for new password, type in your new password and jot it down some place safe
15. Refer screenshots at http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/lib/exe/detail.php?id=screenshots&media=screenshots:07_basic_gateway.jpg to configure