not all the card holders are qualified. you have to enter your information to find out if you are eligible. as an example, i have had discover card for years and they never qualify me for the 5% cash back. it's like i can not participate in the quarterly program.
Is it/was it open road? I have that card & it never gets a 5% offer. But our other two do. We've had all three for at least a decade.
Read the fine print for the 5% online offer - you can't get 7% for online purchases:
* Earn 5% Cashback Bonus for Department store and online purchases from 10/1/12 (or the date on which you signed up, whichever is later) through 12/31/12, subject to a cap of $1500 in purchases. Department stores are defined as retailers selling a wide variety of merchandise, with separate checkout counters in each department. Amounts that are not charged to your card during your online purchase will not qualify. These purchases must post to your account by 12/31/12 and do not count towards determining your eligibility to earn 1%. Purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors, or discount stores are not eligible. If a purchase is coded for a category other than those listed above, it will not qualify. Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further details.
Yes, the 2% offer referring to "any" purchases is misleading, but they are not going to stack 2% on top of the 5% offer.
I know it's negligible in this case, but when stacking percentages off (in this case, 2% and 5%), you don't actually get the "total percentage" (7%) off. You get a slightly smaller percentage off.
Item is $100. Discount is 20% and 30% off. Final amount is not $50, it's $56
$100-20% ($20) = $80 and $80 - 30% ($24) = $56 or
$100-30% ($30) = $70 and $70 - 20% ($14) = $56
This also becomes more of an issue depending on whether coupons are applied and in particular, what order. Note my Guitar Hero ($180 guitar, mic, drums, game package) tagline deal boast below. Toys R Us had an $80 coupon for it. But, it also had a 50% off of any Wii game promo. Because GH came w/ a game, it was eligible for the 50%. As luck would have it, they took the 50% off first so:
$180 - 50% = $90 less $80 coupon made it $10.
$180 - $80 coupon = $100 less 50% = $50 (still a slick deal).
Best SD Deals...
LG 42LK450 42" LCD HDTV 1080p - $188 (Best at time - $699)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Drum/Guitar/Mic/Game package - 2 @ $10 each (Best at time - $180 each)
GameStop computer error - 15 minutes of my time to purchase and then immediately "trade-in/sell back" 6 "sale" games in one visit - Netted an $85 gift card w/ no out of pocket cost.
So let me get this straight...if I buy from HomeDepot.com, which currently is at a 10% cashback, I also get to apply the 5% online shopping deal & this 2% cashback on Black Friday? That's a lot of cashback!
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.