Deal DetailsPromoted 11-24-2012 at 07:00 PM View Original Post
Note, Usually ships in 7-14 business days
The following is now out of stock:
Newegg has TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 N750 Wireless N Dual Band Gigabit Router w/ 2x USB Ports for $79 - $40 rebate = $39 with free shipping. Thanks prod619
TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab for $38.99 (or possibly $24.99) AR w/FS:
Back in stock at Newegg again (as of 8:30PM EST 11/29/2012).
CSR Transcript with B&H Photo and Video
Verifying that rebate still valid on backordered items:
JH : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=872575&is=REG&A=details&Q= If it is shipped after 7-14 days, can I still use the rebate?
Dana R: Hello JH. My name is Dana, and I will be glad to assist you.
Dana R: Yes, as long as the purchase is made within the time period the rebate is valid.
JH: So even if the actual order is charged after the time period, as long as I place the order within the time period the rebate will be fine?
Dana R: Yes.
I got this router earlier from the other thread
I followed the post in openwrt forum https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtop...66#p181966 and here are the steps I followed
NOTE:Browse to your existing router admin page or program and note down the following details, you might need them in step 15
- current IP address (not 192.xx.xx.xx)
- subnet mask
- gateway IP address
- router MAC address or clone MAC address
1. Downloaded the firmware for this router from http://www.gargoyle-router.com/do...actory.bin
Note: URL not working. Go to gargoyle-router.com, click download, and search for gargoyle_1.5.9-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr4300-v1-squashfs-factory.bin.
2. renamed the downloaded file as gargoyle.bin
3. Connected router to the computer via ethernet cable
4. Browsed (on IE/FF) to 192.168.0.1
5. You will prompted for login use (admin/admin)
6. Click the link on the left menu that says something like "System"
7. Find and click "Firmware upgrade" link
8. In the Firmware upgrade page, click button that says something like "select file"
9. Select the file "gargoyle.bin" from step 2
10. Click "upgrade" button
11. Wait for about 5 mins
12. Browse on (FF/IE) to 192.168.1.1
13. You will be prompted for password, use "password" with out the quotes
14. You will be prompted for new password, type in your new password and jot it down some place safe
15. Refer screenshots at http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wi...ateway.jpg to configure
Openwrt with LUCI GUI
1- Make sure your router is version 1.x (x can be any number).
2- Download the openwrt firmware from here: http://downloads.openwrt.org/snap...actory.bin
3- Download putty command tool from here: http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/put.../putty.exe
4- Login to your router config page (192.168.0.1) using internet explorer browser and update the firmware to openwrt. Use the firmware file you downloaded in step 2.
5- Now open Putty software you downloaded in step 3. Enter host name: 192.168.1.1, Connection Type choose: Telnet. Now click open. Now you will see the command line with black screen,
6- Now type "passwd" into the command line and press enter on the keyboard. Now choose your new password to access the router make sure password has letter and number. Repeat type password and press enter. Password should be changed now.
7- Type into the command "opkg update" and press enter on keyboard, Wait for it to do some download and updates. Once finished, type this "opkg install luci" and press enter
8- Type this into the command to enable luci "/etc/init.d/uhttpd enable" and press enter on keyboard.
9- Type this into the command "/etc/init.d/uhttpd start" and press enter on the keyboard. Now you can close Putty.
10- Open internet explorer in the address bar punch in: 192.168.1.1 and use the password you created to login to the router config page. Go to the wifi section and turn on the wifi and set up wireless security network.
NOTE: If you can't use Putty and telnet into the router, choose SSH instead of telnet.