Wireless networking for 10,000 sqft. building
I have seen Open Mesh mentioned here multiple times, so that's what I'm looking at. After some research, Open Mesh seems like a good solution, but I'm still a little confused. I'm thinking they would need 5 access points on each floor (4 total).
1. Just to clarify, there is no hard wire connection required between each access point and main router?
2. If ethernet jacks are available in some spots, can some Open Mesh nodes be plugged in via ethernet to give a better connection? (AKA some hard-wired, some wireless)
3. Do you need a special "main router"? I assume you need a main router still....
5. I understand that bandwidth is cut in half for every node used. Is that correct?
4. Any other affordable options? He needs to get this done in the next two weeks.