**FREE UNLOCK** For Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 - ALL GSM
=====ALL Credits to Owl74 on XDA-Developers=====
This is confirmed by myself to work on the AT&T Galaxy S3 and AT&T Galaxy Note 2 ....and it is reported to work on ALL VARIANTS of GSM.
I am posting it publicly to give where credit is due, and to KILL the ebay profits, specifically ebay Item: 321033698090
Please do not profit off someone elses' idea and ebay this info like the Joker in the auction above
To unlock your Galaxy S3 OR NOTE 2:
Just dial the following keys *#197328640#
Main Menu >  UMTS >  Debug Screen >  Phone Control >  Network Lock > Options Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in  Network Lock then choose  NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!!
/standard disclaimer: I am not responsible if you don't follow directions and what you do with your phone...
*****Hit the Thanks button, you're welcome
Unlocking cellphones was recently made illegal because a certain mandate expired. Please take a few minutes to sign this petition so we can ensure consumer rights and our ability to use our phones on different carriers:
Petition to Make Unlocking Cell Phones Legal.
THIS PETITION IS CLOSED AND WAS SUCCESSFUL
The current way to root and unlock your ATT Galaxy S3 phone (along with others) can be found here:
Works awesomely, so good in fact, I donated to the dev. DYLAN
AT&T Users you can now update to Jelly Bean!!!
FOR THOSE THAT DON'T HAVE THE LAST OPTION MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE FOR YOUR PHONE.
And if ATT give you unlock code and if it doesnt work, then you need to go back to 4.1.1 using Odin and then use the above options to unlock and then go back to 4.1.2.
FROM THE OP:
Those who are having trouble.
1) PLUG IN THE FOREIGN SIM CSED FIRST
2) BOOT up the phone with the different sim card, then it will ask for unlock code. CLICK DISMISS
3) Then perform the 6 step process in post #1
4) be sure to WAIT EXACTLY where it says wait 30 sec, and wait 1min then reboot
---I have better success with the foreign sim in FIRST and unlocking with the foreign sim inside the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is unlocking/what is its benefit?
- Will unlocking my phone void my warranty?
- After unlocking the phone, data isn't working on the foreign network (e.g. if you have a T-Mobile phone, data is not working when you put in your AT&T SIM card), what do I need to do?
- Will unlocking my phone affect my internet speeds?
- Which service providers does this work for? Does it work for Verizon/Sprint?
- Does this mean I can use it outside the country without paying any extra service fees?
- What does "GSM' mean in the original post?
- Does unlocking the phone mean that I am no longer under my contract? Will I still have to pay my service provider the monthly service fee? What about Early Termination Fee (ETF)?
- Does this work on the Samsung Galaxy S2? Other GSM phones?
- Foreign sim Data plan is not working
It doesn't work with custom rom, at least for CM10 rom. you must restore the original rom to use the code.
No go on unused VZW GS3 (I know it's not GSM, still gave it a shot); Code didn't work (Stock ICS)
VZW GSM always works overseas, you don't even have to unlock it - http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...?t=1809314
To check if your phone is unlocked, press *#7465625#
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.