Thread DetailsLast Edited by erickplaystatio December 21, 2012 at 05:15 PM
I just discovered this method and I hope it helps the rest of you. I don't have a printer at home, but I do at work, but I can't install the Coupon Activator on my work computer. I really wanted the buy-one-get-one-free Haagen Dazs, so I came up with this method.
Note: Instructions are for Windows 7, should work with other versions also.
1. First you'll need PDFCreator. The coupon activator will print to your default printer, but it HAS to be a physical printer.
2. Click on the Windows Logo button (Start menu) -> Device and Printers -> Add a printer.
2a. Choose a Local Printer and leave the port as LPT1.
2b. Hit next and choose a physical printer model, for example, I chose HP 910, the first HP in the list. Here's a screenshot.
2c. You don't have to share the printer, hit next and finish.
2d. Oh yeah, set this as your default printer.
3. Install the coupon activator from Target's website if you haven't already.
4. Go to http://coupons.target.
5. You should have a tray icon by your clock now that says 1 (or more) document pending for you. Double click this tray icon.
6. You should now have a list of queued print jobs in front of you that looks likethis.
7. Click on Printer on the upper left or hit Alt + P. Click on Use Printer Offline. Then click on Properties in the Printer Menu.
8. Click on the Ports tab and change the port to pdfcmon.
9. Click on the Advanced tab and change the Driver to PDFCreator. Hit Apply and OK.
10. Go back to your Print queue, click on Printer or Alt + P again, and uncheck Use Printer Offline.
Voila, you should now have PDF versions that you can store and print later!