Users like you have given feedback on this thread: To give your opinion, vote using the thumbs above.
FaithLife Study Bible (by Logos) FREE!
A solid study Bible app free for your iPhone, iPad, or Android device, including the Kindle Fire.
Get it while it's hot, free to the first 2.5 million downloads. Includes the Lexham English Bible, which I'm not familiar with, and can have other versions added (ESV, KJV, NIV, etc) for a fee. I'm not sure what that fee is. The study Bible includes maps, study notes, and more.
Another bible app to consider is YouVersion. They have tons of free translations and support many different languages. And many of the translations can be downloaded to your device so that there is no network connection needed to read. It's available for most mobile platforms.
So I tried this out and left a negative review on Google Play:
There are many simple usability features that I feel are missing. If this was a failure on my part to discover those features then my complaint would be that they are not easily discoverable.
The features I wish were included are:
- Vertical Scrolling - In my opinion every reader app should have the choice of vertical scrolling or horizontal page turning. Pretty much every reader app does this.
- Allow dismissal of the bottom panel - there is a Notes panel on the bottom that cannot be hidden either with on-screen gestures or in the settings. It can be resized, but the minimum size is about 30% up the screen. I want to focus on the scripture, full screen, then delve into notes/resources if necessary. I'd like the option for notes/resources to be full screen as well
- Allow divider between notes panel to be horizontal or vertical, especially in landscape mode
- Allow different translations and ability to utilize the panels to compare translations side-by-side - perhaps Logos wants folks to use their other Bible app for working with other translations... the difference between their different apps should be made clear.
- In-app registration or link directly to registration. Navigating their website to figure out how to register was confusing. My first attempt to register didn't work either.
The app was also very glitchy and unresponsive for the first 15 minutes of use. I received several cryptic notifications during this time that the app had successfully downloaded something.... the app itself was giving obscure errors while trying to load resources that hadn't been downloaded yet I think.
All-together I'm sticking with the YouVersion bible app. I wish YouVersion had better access to notes/study resources like select any verse/chapter/book and see a list of relevant free study materials, cross-references, etc. YouVersion also seems stutter/flicker a lot when my phone is switching from wifi to 4G or has a spotty connection - I think it's switching between the downloaded copy and the network copy of the open translation. If I'm reading out loud a bunch I'll even turn off network data so that the app doesn't lock up on me while reading. Overall though, YouVersion is a solid bible app and the best free Bible app I've come across.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.