Finally got mine today after ordering it on January 27. My refurb appears like new, don't see any scratches or issues.
Couple of things:
1) partition hotfix doesn't work for me. It just pauses on DISKPART and does nothing. At least for the last hour it hasn't.
2) Fan does run constantly though its not very loud
3) Screen is not as sensitive as an ipad or smartphone.
4) Tablet mode is ultra cool. You can very easily bring this thing to the gym and watch movies on an elliptical machine or whatever
5) Trackpad is garbage. I saw there was a pdf on how to fix it which was 5+ pages. Not cool.
6) Keyboard is very cramped as others have said. Might be okay once used to it
7) I don't see any LCD light bleed though I haven't cranked the brightness and hunted for it yet.
Overall I'm impressed but this isn't a home run device IMHO. I may keep it, I may return it. Yoga 2.0 will probably fix all the above problems. Might want to wait.
Great rebate Companies:
Patriot Memory (4myrebate.com): 6 Weeks
Tiger Direct (4myrebate): 3 weeks
Rain-X (in house): 3 weeks
First experience with Lenovo's Depot warranty service isn't exactly impressing me. I went so far as to include a document in the package with the Inventory Control Sheet outlining the nature of the problems, how to reproduce them, and what I had done to troubleshoot.
However, I received notification that the repair was "on hold"; when I called in they asked me what the issue with the computer was and how to reproduce it. That doesn't exactly install confidence that the unit will be repaired when it is returned. I really had hoped the Depot would be able to pull of the repairs, but right now I'm leaning towards simply boxing it back up and completing the RMA once it is returned.
Just an FYI update in case anyone else has bugs in theirs and considers the Depot option before RMA'ing.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.