my email with a link to the key came in under a minute
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional (HDSentinel) is a hard disk monitoring software with support of HDD/SSD drives. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks and solid state disks today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
81.4 KB / 1325 views
Last edited by BostonGirl; 02-17-2013 at 08:37 AM..
Reason: added product picture
Wiki Community Board This can and should be used by you to post updated deal information. Be sure to read this because it may contain answers to your questions!
Considering buying the program or at least donating something to the developer if you find it useful.
Download link for 4.2 Licence Key, no need to registerhttp://www.hdsentinel.com/license...ntinel.key
To activate, click "Load Activated Keyfile" and browse to hdsentinel.key.
This hdsentinel.key does NOT work with version 4.3.
Configuration > Update, make sure "Find new version" is unchecked.
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional PORTABLE version can be used to diagnose hard disk drive and SSD devices in any computer without installation or modification of any settings, files on the appropriate computer. It can be effectively used from a pendrive (or other removable device) by system integrators and advanced users to periodically diagnose and test hard disk drives, however it does not provide real-time protection offered by the installed Hard Disk Sentinel Professional version.
The PORTABLE version contains all tests, diagnostic functions, options and features of Hard Disk Sentinel Professional, except some functions applicable for the installed version only (automatically start with Windows, use in Service mode, configure data folder location).
I LOVE LOVE LOVE HD Sentinel.
I've been using it for so long, and it's expanded it's functionality quite a bit. Normally this can mean BLOAT, but that's not the case for me with this software.
According to Google's 1st published white paper on mechanical hard drive reliability published circa ~2008. S.M.A.R.T. data was helpful in predicting or would have shown a flag of drive problems / failure in approximately 45% of the drives. The other 55% failed in their farms w/o SMART drive indicators. While that's bad news, at least for the 45% that is does indicate you can stay right on top of the drive.
You can set it up to save off data in the event of predetermined or your own settings. You can have it email you. He's incorporated the short & long term tests seen on WD lifetools & other brands software.
He has incorporated the bigger parts of what SPIN Rite does for drive testing, rewriting 0 & 1s, and unlike Spin Rite it doesn't crash all the time with newer drives.
He's great at responding to emails & questions.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.