If you find it for significantly lower than the reputable behemoths online like B&H or Newegg, then there's a 1% chance that you found a good deal, and a 99% chance that you're getting scammed out of your hard-earned money. Your options are either to eat light for a few weeks, to wait until technology catches up with your budget (although something nicer will be out by then, and I'm not sure how long you can wait), to settle for something less than what you've found, or to adjust your budget to more realistic expectations. You could also try and search the hot deals section for any deals, and be flexible for which Ultrabook you're buying.
I will mention, however, that Ultrabooks were made to compete with respect to specs that may not show up on a spec blurb, such as screen and keyboard quality, construction materials, weight, etc. So, while you'll find another machine that seems to be specc'ed similarly for less money, it likely won't be as nice overall. If I were in your position, and this was the perfect laptop for me, I'd find a way to afford it. Don't go out for a while, reason with your parents, whatever. I know from experience, when you get that itch, only what you're yearning for will solve it.
SlickDeals Hall of Fame(2011-2016):
$100 TouchPad, $100 GPad, $100 Intel Core Laptop,$100 Nexus7FHD, $100 Venue8Pro,$400 60-inch TV, $20 Garmin/TomTom, $150 LG G Phone, $35 521 Phone, $10 Hydro Phone, FAR, $12 AR Eyeglasses, $17 Power Bill.These flash steals come all year. Set your alerts on lightening.......
I realize $200 off the price is a lot. I was looking more for a refurb or even used one. Would $1000 for a refurb be out of the question?
The problem is finding them refurb'ed. This is still a new enough device that you just aren't going to start seeing them appear on the circuit yet, until Asus gets a bunch back, gets a batch refurbished, and sent back on the market. This price for it used isn't out of the question; your only option is finding one. Also, laptops are the one thing I wouldn't recommend buying used; I'd be especially wary of someone that is parting with such a new device so quickly.
May I ask why your computer has to be this specific laptop? Did you see an article about it or something? What is your intended use with the Ultrabook? Again, if the price is out of your league, why don't you just step back a generation or so? This laptop has a third gen i7, if I glanced at that spec sheet correctly. So, step down to a 2nd gen i7, or a 3rd gen i5. Browing B&H's website, here is the same computer, but specc'ed down to fit the $1,000 budget: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pro..._13_3.html
And between this website's hot deal section, and great online places like newegg and B&H, I'd be very surprised if you couldn't find something that works for you. But a small tip man, adjust your expectations. As an old college professor used to say, blessed are the flexible, for they shall never be bent out of shape.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.