Chase offers 50,000 Bonus Points with Southwest Airlines Premier Credit Card Approval after spending $2000 within first 3 months. Points are redeemable for 2 Roundtrip Flights. Thanks solstys
Note, please refer to Pricing & Terms for more information. There is a $99 annual membership fee (not waived for first year), but you get 6,000 points when you renew your card.
You should be able to get this card if you had the Plus card ($69 annual fee) before as they're considered different products.
Details on whether (and how) to get approved:
1. You are eligible for the Premier card if you've had the Plus ($69 fee) before because they're considered different products.
2. The reconsideration line for personal cards is: 888-245-0625
3. The reconsideration line for business cards is: 800-453-9719
You should generally wait an hour or so to call, but can wait until you receive the final decision as well.
4. You can apply for a personal and business card at the same time, and if not approved, can call the respective reconsideration line.
5. The 3 major differences between the Plus and the Premier cards (apart from the fees) are 1) with the Plus, you get 3,000 bonus points at the 1-year anniversary and with the Premier, you get 6,000 and 2) the Premier card offers 1,500 tier qualification points for every $10K in spend (not a great benefit to most). 3) the premier card has no foreign transaction fees.
Details on the companion pass:
Real Member Experience
Bonus points posted to my account on 03/03/13 and counted towards the companion pass. Screenshot attached (catishi)
***"Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will count toward A-List and A-List Preferred qualification. Bonus points will NOT count toward Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive Rapid Rewards Bonus Points within four days of completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages, Jackpot Deals®, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion." LOOK AT LINK BELOW, quote comes straight from southwest website.
Terms for Companion Pass:
What are the Companion Pass Rules and Regulations?
Companion Pass status is based on taking 100 qualifying one-way flights or earning 110,000 Qualifying Points in a calendar year. A qualifying flight for Rapid Rewards Companion Pass status is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. Companion Pass Qualifying Points are earned from revenue flights, points issued on Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Cards, and points earned from Rapid Rewards Partners. Purchased points and points earned from program enrollment, Tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and Partner bonuses do not count toward Companion Pass status.
1. To get the companion pass, you need to earn 110,000 points in a calendar year. Each credit card nets you 52,000 points (50,000 bonus points + 2,000 for the spend). If you get 2 cards, you get 104,000 points and need to earn 6,000 more through CC spend, flying, transferring from hotel or other partners, using the shopping portal or other methods. Also, bonus points earned from the Plus can be combined with those earned from the Premier (business and personal can also be combined).
2. The year in which the points post is the calendar year for which they're considered for the companion pass. For example, if you were approved for a card in December 2012, but you received the bonus points on your January 2013 statement, those points are eligible toward earning your companion pass in 2013.
3. The companion pass is valid for the year in which you earn it AND the next year (so 2013 and 2014 if earning now).
4. The companion pass enables 1 companion to fly on your exact itinerary every time you fly on Southwest, regardless of whether you paid with cash or with points.
5. You can change your companion 3 times over the life of the pass (though some say it is calendar year in practice).
Double Dip Possible:
you can also get the business card with 50k point bonus and same spending requirement with a lower annual fee of $69. (only 1 credit report hit) to get 100k points, worth $1670.00 in southwest airfare.
Can some one answer these questions??
When do bonus points post? If you meet spending requirements 7-8 days before statement closing it will post within 2 days after closing. If you meet requirements after that then points will post within 2 days of the following statement closing
Why would one apply for Premier Card ($99 annual fee) when Plus card($69 annual fee) has same offer?
It depends. Read here: MileValue.com
What kind of Proof Do you need to apply for Business card?
Ans - You need a tax ID for your business (also called as EIN). One way to do this is to convert your ebay account to a commerical account (free) and then applying for a tax id (IRS online). You should be able to get a tax id/EIN instantly. Additional proof such as a business checking account, bank statements might be asked depending on your credit situation.THIS!--> THIS IS NOT TRUE - WHO IS ANSWERING THESE? ALL YOU NEED IS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. NOT A TAX ID OR BUSINESS ID. Whoever's answering these questions please identify yourself! Good job with the nonsense!
Does Applying for Business card without having any Business result in some alert in credit report?
Ans - No.
Can a person with no south west card before apply for Personal Premier, Personal Plus and Business card and get 50000 X 3 after spending 2000 X 3 ??
Ans-You can apply for all 3 since they are 3 different products. - THERE ARE 4 DIFFERENT CARDS, NOT 3. CAN HAVE ALL 4.
How to Apply for Plus and Business card and have just one credit pull? should i apply just one after the other?
Ans - If you get approved for both cards within 72 hours (counting only business days), you will mostly be subject to only one credit pull.
For e.g. If you applied for a business card on Friday, got approved on Monday, then applied for another personal card the same day, chances are you will not be be subjected to another credit inquiry. This is mostly the case but it is not a rule set in stone..
How do I know which card a presently own? I've looked at my statement and online account and can't find it anywhere.
For those who think of canceling
Points can only be used for flight redemption with Southwest or transfered to AirTran after cancellation of a card. Points cannot be used for gift cards, etc., without holding an active card. This is not a place to rant. It's especially not a place to put misleading information while deleting helpful information. Get over yourself.
After transferring the points to southwestrewards website can we cancel all the cards but still keep the points? and still be eligible for Companion pass after reaching 110,000 points?
Applying for the cards:
Step 1: Sign up for a RR account via Southwest.com website. (You can even earn bonus points for subscribing to the emails!)
Step 2: Click one of these links and apply for however many you feel you can get. (YMMV, but 1 personal & 1 biz is the safest)
Step 2A: Many people are confused on not entering in a RR number in the app. There is a box to enter it in. If you don't have one and you skipped step 1 apply for a personal card first and you will be assigned one by chase.
THIS APPLICATION FOR THE SW BIZ PLUS CARD IS STILL ACTIVE, PEOPLE OVER AT FT HAVE CONFIRMED THAT IT IS STILL WORKING AND ARE GETTING THE 50K OFFER.
Step 3: While on your reconsideration line call for biz card ask chase if they can expedite your cards so that you can quickly meet your minimum spends.
Step 4: Meet minimum spends on 2 cards, $2000 each card through many different methods talked about in this thread and other threads.
Step 5: Receive 100k points usually in the statement cycle that you have met required spends for each card.
Step 6: You now have 104k points, (more if you shopped through the SW shopping Portal) and you need 6k more points to get to Companion Pass (total of 110k points are needed)
Final step: Meet the extra 6k in points through various methods of spend. If you need help with meeting minimum spends please use google, it is your friend. Congratulations, you have companion pass!!
Feel free to edit this if I left anything out.
It looks like the deal is done for now. All links are dead and all affiliate links have been removed.