Gregory Baltoro 65 & 75 Backpacks at REI, $144.93 and $149.93, (Retail $299 & $319) Free shipping, Size Small Only (a few other packs available too)
Thread DetailsLast Edited by Beartrkkr March 8, 2013 at 07:56 PM
The Baltoros are consistently rated as one of the most comfortable backpacks available anywhere. The biggest knock is that they are slightly heavier than many packs.
I've personally done 58 miles in 4 days with a Baltoro 65 (medium) and never had a problem carrying the weight. My body did not care so much for the trip as getting old is another story...
If you need a good, high-end backpack and this small size fits you, you should jump on this deal quick before it goes away!
Features for the Baltoro 75 (65 is essentially the same, but with smaller capacity):
- Suspension features soft, pre-curved harness and hipbelt with EVA foam padding to help eliminate hot spots on your hips and shoulders
- Independently rotating hip belt automatically adjusts to your hip angle and moves with your body
- Thermomolded EVA back panel features a grippy lumbar pad that helps keep the pack positioned properly and effectively transfers load weight to your hips
- Single aluminum stay helps prevent barreling and provides optimum load transfer
- Baltoro 75 offers 3 ways to get at your gear with top-loading, front-zip and bottom-zippered access to the main compartment
- Hydration-compatible design features a reservoir sleeve and dual drink-tube exit ports for on-the-go hydration (reservoir not included)
- Zippered front pocket, twin side pockets, dual hipbelt pockets and hideaway water bottle pocket with bungee let you reach often-used gear
- Removable top lid pocket keeps your compass, maps, small essentials or rainwear close at hand; stash pocket on the underside of the lid secures personal items
- Gregory Baltoro 75 pack is made with 210-denier double diamond ripstop and 210- and 420-denier flat weave fabrics that offer strength, durability and lightness
These packs are unfortunately only available in Small.
Size small fits torsos from 16"-18"
Baltoro 65 (Small)
3844 in³ / 63 L, 5lb, 6oz
Baltoro 75 (Small)
4455 in³ / 73L, 5lb 10oz
Colors are Cinder Cone Red and Moss Green
How to fit a Gregory Pack: http://www.gregorypack
Backpack Ratings: http://www.outdoorgear